buzzing LED lights

Featured Posts

I have LED lights throughout the boat...12V and a few 220V...

While on invertor power, some of the 220V LED lights buzz, and others dont.

Is there a particular type which are prone to buzzing I should steer clear of...? They're the ones with GU10 connectors.

Have had this problem on a few boats, admitadley only 12V systems, it turned out to be the light switchs having bad contacts. I could only put this down to the low current draw of the LED's causing the contacts in the switch contacts to fur up. Pure theory of course, but replacing the switchs cured the problem.

Since moving to LED lights perhaps 3 years ago we have had some problems with flickering lights and switches not working. I have found by replacing the switches and examining the bad ones with a resistance meter that this is due bad contacts in the light switches. I guess its due to the low current as suggested and a damp atmosphere.

Rather than replacing switches, it is possible to dismantle them and clean the contacts.