Any chandlers on L&L Chorley to Skipton area?

Frankieboy

Featured Posts

Hi, Time to buy paint & start painting but am struggling to find a chandlers nearby. Ordering online seems to incur high postage cost due to the size and weight so was wondering if there was anywhere nearby to drive to?

Thanks

Frank

There are a few places worth a look. B&Q are next to canal in Blackburn. There are a few marinas around including at Chorley and up just past Burnley.

Personally I'd order online like Boatman suggested but B&Q and Screwfix can be handy for other stuff. Both right next to canal in Blackburn.

I dont think Puffer Parts is still going but may be wrong. Will call the other two to find out.
Was initially looking at chandlers as they would have the "boaty" type primer but I guess any other zinc phosphate would probably be ok and half the price without the boat title.

Puffer have gone. LPM only have blacking. Pennine have bits. If you mail order, LPM will generally be happy to take receipt for you if you call them first and then perhaps buy diesel etc from them as a gesture.

If it is just primer, then Merritt and Fryers in Skipton sell Manor Coatings primer which is good stuff.

Is puffer parts still going? Otherwise Pennine cruisers at skipton or lower park marina at barlick but don't thinl last two do paint

You may know this, but if not, you won't find barlick on the map, it's how barnoldswick is pronounced.

Thanks all for your replies, there is some very helpful info there. I'll let you know how I get on.

Only down side is that once I've managed to find the paint, I actually have to do some painting.

Salterforth Road Bridge just west of Lower Park is handy for this - someone even screwed some mooring rings in a couple of years ago but I think they have gone now

You may know this, but if not, you won't find barlick on the map, it's how barnoldswick is pronounced.

Yep, was made aware of the regional pronunciation by a local last time I was in Barlick.

Thanks Richard, I'll look out for that.