Full list of London visitor moorings?

Moisha

Featured Posts

There are two questions, really:

1) Is there available an official (CRT) list of London visitor moorings available online? I can't find one.

2) Is there a list of all viable mooring spots? I know that people (including me) routinely moor at a lot of places between Ladbroke Grove and Maida Vale, for example, places which I don't think are all 'official' mooring sites as far as the CRT are concerned.

Thanks,

Jon

The towpath is an official mooring spot as long as there are no signs saying not to. Why do you need an official CRT mooring spot.

Have you tried mooring to the towpath in London?

Its mostly solid concrete with no rings or bollards and with high voltage power lines under it. Driving a pin in would be very unwise!

Have you tried mooring to the towpath in London?

Its mostly solid concrete with no rings or bollards and with high voltage power lines under it. Driving a pin in would be very unwise![/quote

Been through a few times. Just a matter of looking for a place as you creep past all the moored boats. There are places you can slip a rope or pin between the defects in the edging be it old rail line or other fixed against the concrete edging.

Granted the mooring is not as easy as out in suburbs but having a list won,t help much as these "official" sites will be busy and easy to spot.

It's only solid concrete from the power station at Acton through to Victoria Park ( around 11 miles tops), and there are lots of areas within this that have green edges for pins along with rings and other mooring spots. When I last looked, London was a bit bigger than this small stretch.