Just paid for my license online for the first time...

Featured Posts

... and it was heavenly!

So simple!

No phone calls to offices at opposite ends of the country blaming each other!

No having it sent to obsolete addresses from years ago!

No "computer says no"!

Just registered, chose my payment instalments and printed a pdf of my license.

I am a very happy bunny. Thank you CRT for stepping into the 21st century and putting an end to the annual admin shenanigans. :)

• Greenie 1

Could someone from CRT have a word with the National Trust and explain how it is done please??

Renewing our licence every year means a day off work and an 80 mile round trip in the jalopy - there must be a better way of doing it... And, there is!

Could someone from CRT have a word with the National Trust and explain how it is done please??

Renewing our licence every year means a day off work and an 80 mile round trip in the jalopy - there must be a better way of doing it... And, there is!

? Is there no postal service where you live? What's the problem?

... and it was heavenly!

So simple!

No phone calls to offices at opposite ends of the country blaming each other!

No having it sent to obsolete addresses from years ago!

No "computer says no"!

Just registered, chose my payment instalments and printed a pdf of my license.

I am a very happy bunny. Thank you CRT for stepping into the 21st century and putting an end to the annual admin shenanigans. smile.png

Congratulations on joining this century cheers.gif

But why has it taken you so long. We have renewed all of our licences online for the past seven years laugh.png

? Is there no postal service where you live? What's the problem?

In truth... not much of one!

But, the NT want to see all of your original documents, insurance and BSCert - I am not comfortable in putting these in the post.

Plus - who has a cheque book any more??

Tried to renew my licence on-line today and unlike BlueStringPudding's experience mine was far from heavenly! I was given the option of signing in or registering. As I don't remember registering I tried that only to be told that my email was already registered, that meant I had to sign in with a password. Guess what? Not only couldn't I remember registering but I couldn't remember the password. Tried the convenient 'Reset Password' button especially created for people like me and duly received a link by email. The link took me to a page where I could provide a new password (and confirm it). Too easy? Well, yes. The submit button sent me to a page which told me that something had gone wrong and that their engineers were aware and were working on it. So I phoned the Customer Service number, explained what had happened and the helpful lady took my details and renewed my licence. As many of you will know, the licence should now be available to download and this was duly confirmed by email, even providing the link, which of course took me to the Sign In page. Although I know my email address I don't know my password...........

OK, I'll try again tomorrow!

I've not been able to renew online yet. I put in the reference numbers required and it tells me we don't exist. It's happened every year and their support staff have just said that it should be working so we always give up and renew by phone.

Better luck next year maybe