Armstrong Siddeley lift pumps.

James Owen

Featured Posts

I'm just in the midst of recommissioning an AS2 into our motor boat and need to source a lift pump as we've decided to do away with the day tank.

I have the adaptor plate to mount a pump onto but don't really know what model of pump I'll require. Albeit preferably one with a priming lever, I'm unsure on specification regards actuator etc...

Any ideas?

I'm just in the midst of recommissioning an AS2 into our motor boat and need to source a lift pump as we've decided to do away with the day tank.

I have the adaptor plate to mount a pump onto but don't really know what model of pump I'll require. Albeit preferably one with a priming lever, I'm unsure on specification regards actuator etc...

Any ideas?

From what I remember, it was an AC pump, basically the same as fitted to the Lister HA, but with a long arm to reach through to the camshaft or at least to the pump lever. I've got an old pump knocking around somewhere, but pretty sure it's the HA version which has a very short arm (pushrod operated). I'll have a look later.

Tim

From what I remember, it was an AC pump, basically the same as fitted to the Lister HA, but with a long arm to reach through to the camshaft or at least to the pump lever. I've got an old pump knocking around somewhere, but pretty sure it's the HA version which has a very short arm (pushrod operated). I'll have a look later.

Tim

Just to confirm that the pump I have is the Lister style.

Edit - racking my brain to remember whether the injector pump lever had a bit added to contact the lift pump arm.

Tim

Edited by Timleech

the darker recesses of my mind have come up with a ball bearing, or just a round piece of hardened steel, held to the side of the injection pump lever with the pinch bolt for the timing adjustment.

Tim

Thank you Tim, are there many different styles of actuator or is it either just a long or short arm version?

Quite a few. Your best bet will be to find someone with a Armstrong with lift pump, and ask them very nicely if there's any chance they will take the pump off so that you can examine it.

Have you got the roller for the injection pump lever?

Tim

Edited by Timleech

I don't think any of ours have a lift pump, I'll check next time I go up.

As an aside James if you have any access to spares we're looking for the elusive electric start bell housing and gearbox adaptor housings. Oh and any spare fuel injectors too!!!

Dan

I don't think any of ours have a lift pump, I'll check next time I go up.

As an aside James if you have any access to spares we're looking for the elusive electric start bell housing and gearbox adaptor housings. Oh and any spare fuel injectors too!!!

Dan

That'd be nice wouldn't it...a friendly stockist supplying any AS bits as and when required. Cheap too, quality parts, off the shelf....sigh... ;-)

Does it have to be a mechanical lift pump ? the reason I ask is a friend of mine runs an AS3 in a piece of Agri kit & he has a Facet leccy pump to provide fuel from a tank lower than the motor. If it has to be as was, so to speak, good hunting, as he had a non repairable Mech pump & could never find parts to fix it. May be you will have more success in the UK as this is in France, but even the dreaded internet came up blank..Which ever way I hope you have success.

• 1 month later...

I have some copper head gaskets if you are still looking

Hi, Cheers for that ! I have just found a supplier for copper head gaskets, Normal gasket will have to cut my own, from a gasket sheet . But exhaust valves Are a problem, ( And if i can find A supplier for them ! ? also crank bearings , we will be there for any Armstrong Siddeley AS2 motor ! )

Thanks Des.