Boat licences available in Stoke Bruerne now

Leo No2

Featured Posts

As regards busy or not. We passed through a week or two back - Saturday. We got there midday and had the pick of the moorings by the shop/museum. Just before dusk however it was really quite busy not that many moorings left.

The Indian was fully booked too as they struggled to get us a table for two as soon as doors opened.

ETA so from that point of view it (moorings) worked as it should.

Edited by mark99

As regards busy or not. We passed through a week or two back - Saturday. We got there midday and had the pick of the moorings by the shop/museum. Just before dusk however it was really quite busy not that many moorings left.

Out of interest are you only counting from the top lock to the tunnel, or are you also including the "long pound"?

If the former, it probably wasn't that full up overall - if the latter, it is out of line with any observation I have recently made.

Out of interest are you only counting from the top lock to the tunnel, or are you also including the "long pound"?

If the former, it probably wasn't that full up overall - if the latter, it is out of line with any observation I have recently made.

Top lock to tunnel.

You can now licence your boat at Stoke Bruerne Museum every Wednesday between 10am - 3pm.

We are able to accept cash, cheque or debit card.

You can view this notice and its map online here:

https://canalrivertrust.org.uk/notice/3021/stoke-bruerne-museum-boat-licencing

Wow! Just for a moment I thought you were selling licences to pass through Stoke B.

Hmmm, only trouble is, I've heard it's so busy there, that I would struggle to moor.

Or is there going to be a new sign?

5hr visitor mooring for licensing. :rolleyes:

You can use the generous mooring time already allowed.

So there was quite probably oodles of space in the "long pound" then?

I've no idea. When I visit SB (which is rarely) I like to be in the bit before the tunnel so we plan to be there early-ish as it gives us a chance. As it was - decent weather - Saturday that bit filled up quite quickly. Everyone seemed happy, no long faces with notepads I could see?

Edited by mark99