CMers versus CRT

b0atman

Featured Posts

Well I got a convenient mooring where I can stay for 14 days I shall be staying for 12 days.

Conveniently it is next to the 48 hour visitor moorings where at day 8 of my stay 5 boats where there when I arrived are still there and will probably be there when I leave !

One stated they are waiting for CRT to ask them to move ?

Meanwhile lots of boats have gone passed with no where to moor (loss of revenue to immediate area).

Adjacent to me is a boat non live aboard with a CRT envelope tywrapped to it that has probably avoided any winter mooring charges.

The only CRT I have seen is no one .

Councils are soon going to tackle this problem with Bylaws to the detriment of us all .

Why would one boat run its engine in gear at 22:00 hours each night "oh because they have been at work" .

So not on the breadline as both have jobs smoke and have a dog that has actually bitten a couple who where passing.

What is the answer ?

I'd ask the guy running his motor at 10pm to turn it off, if it was annoying me. Pragmatically, I'd not be bothered because I'd be sat in the boat watching telly and couldn't hear it. I'm more bothered about early morning engine running - that's quite annoying! The other issues, I'd not worry about. If I can't find a mooring where I want it, I tend to have a "plan B" and "plan C" for somewhere else to stop. I'm not sure you can generalise and say everyone, or even a majority, stopping at a 48h mooring brings in revenue to the local area.

• Greenie 1

Well I got a convenient mooring where I can stay for 14 days I shall be staying for 12 days.

Conveniently it is next to the 48 hour visitor moorings where at day 8 of my stay 5 boats where there when I arrived are still there and will probably be there when I leave !

Meanwhile lots of boats have gone passed with no where to moor (loss of revenue to immediate area).

Adjacent to me is a boat non live aboard with a CRT envelope tywrapped to it that has probably avoided any winter mooring charges.

Councils are soon going to tackle this problem with Bylaws to the detriment of us all .

Why would one boat run its engine in gear at 22:00 hours each night "oh because they have been at work" .

So not on the breadline as both have jobs smoke and have a dog that has actually bitten a couple who where passing.

What is the answer ?

you could always ring CRT and put forward your concerns.

What is the answer ?

move somewhere nice in the countryside where you don't have to let things get your goat.

Chill.

Dogs that bite a couple of people at the same time are usually shot by police marksmen.

Have you reported the engine in gear running boat.......if the canal breaches you may well be there for more than 12 days.

If lots have boats have gone past (passed) with nowhere to moor , have you stuck your tongue out at them....

Do people have to be on the breadline to moor? or smoke? not sure what you are trying to say here..

Councils taking action..??

those 5 boats are causing less hassle to "all boaters" than the increased enforcement of CC-ers and new T&Cs for boats with a home mooring.

eta - just to clarify what I mean.....a few boats staying in one place, does not get my goat....it's not something that would cause me to leave living on the waterways ...but the general feeling that the waterways are becoming more "top down enforced"....is definitely something that might one day cause me to move off the waterways...and decrease money into CRTs coffers.... so with that view, I see the CMers being less of a worry in the larger picture.

Edited by DeanS

Use them as targets for RAF bombing practice?

RAF do tend to miss the target Luckily it was only a wooden dummy bomb that hit the pub toilets.

Paul C most hire boats go to the pub and have meals big spenders.

those 5 boats are causing less hassle to "all boaters" than the increased enforcement of CC-ers and new T&Cs for boats with a home mooring.

Who created the hassle to all boaters ? I'll give you a clue, it's not those who follow the rules. Tell me if I'm wrong with a clear unambiguous argument rather than a load of emotive chuff.

Edited by mark99

What is the answer ?

I would move off on day 12 knowing in my mind that CRT will at some point catch up with them and deal with it.

Ain't my stress, so why bother to make it so.

The pisstakers as described by the OP will create grief for all. Mock at your peril.

Most of us are aware of that, it does offer some light relief from the monotony of these type of threads.

I mentioned the need of a new subforum for this type of thing on the wildly derailed ten year strategy meeting post.

Would tidy the site up nicely :)

Edited by gazza

Those 5 boats are the tip of the ice berg that is causing all the trouble with the New broom CRT genuine CCers and boaters with moorings.

Fair enough moor in the 14 day zone but not on visitor time limited moorings.

Who created the hassle to all boaters ? I'll give you a clue, it's not those who follow the rules. Tell me if I'm wrong with a clear unambiguous argument rather than a load of emotive chuff.

1. I can only talk from my own personal experience as a CC-er as well as a home mooring boater. CMers have never caused me any grief.

2. I think the hassle was caused by some boaters complaining about CMers, ....not the CMers themselves.

3. I think the recent pressure from CRT in the form of more "we are watching you" publicity....has affected my joy of boating more..

4. Number 3, and not number 1, is a greater risk to CRT losing my money one day.

What is the answer ?

Is it Our Lord Jesus?

The facts are that you are completely right. The pee takers are getting more and more and everywhere there was a pratt moored on the waterpoint I used last week next to the three other pratts moored overnite on the lock approach. Yes you are right that its pricks like this that are making CART simply enforce what has not been enforced before.

Tim

Proper ccer and no tickets in 26 years.

1. I can only talk from my own personal experience as a CC-er as well as a home mooring boater. CMers have never caused me any grief.

2. I think the hassle was caused by some boaters complaining about CMers, ....not the CMers themselves.

3. I think the recent pressure from CRT in the form of more "we are watching you" publicity....has affected my joy of boating more..

4. Number 3, and not number 1, is a greater risk to CRT losing my money one day.

Dean what is the problem with CART monitoring your or mine or any one elses boating? I find it unobtrusive and as I will never get a ticket or threats of section 8 etc why would I be worried they are doing their job?

Tim

• Greenie 1

The facts are that you are completely right. The pee takers are getting more and more and everywhere there was a pratt moored on the waterpoint I used last week next to the three other pratts moored overnite on the lock approach. Yes you are right that its pricks like this that are making CART simply enforce what has not been enforced before.

Tim

Proper ccer and no tickets in 26 years.

Dean what is the problem with CART monitoring your or mine or any one elses boating? I find it unobtrusive and as I will never get a ticket or threats of section 8 etc why would I be worried they are doing their job?

Tim

I'm definately not saying I am in favour of CMers.

I'm saying they cause me personally no problems.

and I'm saying that I am personally affected by CRTs new T&Cs far more than CMers affect me.

Others may feel differently or have different experiences. I think it's good to know the real experiences of a wide range of boaters, and how CMers versus the new T&Cs affect them......

I don't want to be watched. I am legal. If I lived in a house, I wouldn't have people walking my street to see if I actually lived there...peering from behind the bushes....if I drove a car to the nearest Tesco, I wouldn't have to worry that I hadn't driven to the Tesco on the far side of town rather than the closer one..or lose my car licence...

it's just my own very personal experience of things...and I fully accept that others have different views. I do agree CRT should enforce...but they should do so quietly...without bothering me....

it's just my own very personal experience of things...and I fully accept that others have different views. I do agree CRT should enforce...but they should do so quietly...without bothering me....

Dean are you now within the enforcement process for something?

I'm definately not saying I am in favour of CMers.

I'm saying they cause me personally no problems.

and I'm saying that I am personally affected by CRTs new T&Cs far more than CMers affect me.

Others may feel differently or have different experiences. I think it's good to know the real experiences of a wide range of boaters, and how CMers versus the new T&Cs affect them......

I don't want to be watched. I am legal. If I lived in a house, I wouldn't have people walking my street to see if I actually lived there...peering from behind the bushes....if I drove a car to the nearest Tesco, I wouldn't have to worry that I hadn't driven to the Tesco on the far side of town rather than the closer one..or lose my car licence...

Thing is old bean it is precisely the cmers that are causing you a problem because of their selfish actions CART have raised their profile and are being seen to enforce what was not enforced before because I suppose quite rightly I expect quite a lot of boaters who abide by the rules and pay their way have complained.

No cmers and there would be no problems. This is all very recent and appeared within the last ten years as more and more pee takers move on to boats.

Tim

Dean you are obviously in an area where the inconsiderate CMers are not hogging the visitor moorings where you wish to be .however one day they will all be full and then your tune will change . I have great admiration for the CMer who moors with consideration for others and leaves no mess on the towpath good luck in their enjoyment of boating . But these others are ruining it for all.

Is it not more a case of (possible) CM-ers vs. You rather than CM'ers vs. CRT? You don't know the situation of them for sure. One or more of them may have permission to stay, or something else you have no idea of, or they might all be CM'ers who haven't shifted for years- but isn't that for CRT to ascertain and act on?

If you're properly bothered, report them to CRT when you have been there for the two weeks, but honestly, why so quick to make so many loaded assumptions, about their actions, financial status and lifestyle?!

• Greenie 1

Thing is old bean it is precisely the cmers that are causing you a problem because of their selfish actions CART have raised their profile and are being seen to enforce what was not enforced before because I suppose quite rightly I expect quite a lot of boaters who abide by the rules and pay their way have complained.

No cmers and there would be no problems. This is all very recent and appeared within the last ten years as more and more pee takers move on to boats.

Tim

So people have said.

I just think that a very minority of boaters have been put out by CMers and have somehow made it a "cause" for some organisations to push as an agenda down south...which has led to it being rolled out in the form of T&Cs countrywide....it's a purely selfish viewpoint....

Tim

Not forgetting that increasing numbers of pee takers cost money in increased enforcement which in turn will eventually feed through into increased licence costs....

Then the pips will squeak.