Flower of Gloster - to be released on DVD in Sept. 2015

ChrisJBrady

Featured Posts

"Sent 13 December 2016 - 02:23 PM

May I ask what you said for a Mod to ask you to remove it?
smile.png

Laurie Booth"

I replied

"

Sent 13 December 2016 - 05:12 PM

You can ask. It was a bit rude of me but I am not happy that I had to remove my post when your post telling someone to break copywrite law was allowed to remain."

"

Thanks for the reply, I can understand your point of view,

smile.png

Laurie

"

"Sent 13 December 2016 - 02:23 PM

May I ask what you said for a Mod to ask you to remove it?

smile.png

Laurie Booth"

I replied

"

Sent 13 December 2016 - 05:12 PM

You can ask. It was a bit rude of me but I am not happy that I had to remove my post when your post telling someone to break copywrite law was allowed to remain."

"

Thanks for the reply, I can understand your point of view,

smile.png

Laurie

"

Thanks

:)

Yes it was a bit much for Laurie to actually make contact with me

That reply of yours says more about you than it does about anybody else..

You accuse somebody else that (sic) "his not man enough to omit that he has made a mistake" I take it you mean "Is not man enough to admit that he has made a mistake" ?

Then you show us all you're better at it.

• Greenie 1

• 1 month later...

Got an email from Amazon today with the following message

"Hello,

We're still trying to obtain the following item you ordered on December 08 2016 (Order# ???????).

"The Flower of Gloster [DVD]"

We're awaiting a revised estimate from our supplier, and will email you as soon as we receive this information."

"Hello,

We're still trying to obtain the following item you ordered on December 08 2016 (Order# ???????).

We're awaiting a revised estimate from our supplier, and will email you as soon as we receive this information."

I got that too, I've cancelled and ordered direct from Network on Air.

Cheers Graham

"Hello,

Same here inviting me to cancel the order

Mine has arrived, I've watched the first two episodes. Continuity is a bit strange at times Chirk Aqueduct is before Chirk tunnel and lock 1 at Hurleston is at the top but I love it. Watching the young lad plunge into Pontcysyllte Aqueduct complete with bike reminds me of more carefree days as regards health and safety of child actors.

Cheers Graham

Mine has arrived, I've watched the first two episodes. Continuity is a bit strange at times Chirk Aqueduct is before Chirk tunnel and lock 1 at Hurleston is at the top but I love it. Watching the young lad plunge into Pontcysyllte Aqueduct complete with bike reminds me of more carefree days as regards health and safety of child actors.

Cheers Graham

Amazon say mine is on its way

Cheers Graham

I assumed the tunnel was Ellesmere Tunnel. The wide boat at Trevor Boatyard is a mystery

I assumed the tunnel was Ellesmere Tunnel. The wide boat at Trevor Boatyard is a mystery

I'm not sure that is Trevor at all! Was there ever an overhanging warehouse at Trevor? I think it is Chirk tunnel 'cos you can easily see right through Ellesmere. Did you notice the boat bouncing over something as it entered the tunnel.

Cheers Graham

In part 3, I was amused that "Audlem locks" look very much like Foxton staircase. rolleyes.gif

Agghh we need a spoiler alert I am going to watch part 3 in half an hour. I will, of course, be re-living childhood - watching TV at 4:00 pm with a pile of biscuits and a hot chocolate.

Cheers Graham

At last, all episodes of "The Flower of Gloster" has been released by http://networkonair.com/shopfor the very reasonable price of £12 incl p&p.Although there are a lot of continuity and other mistakes, it makes interesting viewing from a historical point of view. 'Chocolate Charlie' features and several other characters commenting on the history and working of boats, who I am not familiar with. If anyone can come up with names, they would be of interest.

The Flower of Gloster dvd.

I originally watched the series when it was shown on television back in late 1967 exactly 50 years ago and from memory I believe I watched every single one of the 13 episodes shown back then anyway I re-watched it again on dvd yesterday (28/01/17) in it's entirety all 13 episodes and it's still magical to watch again after all these years.

Of narrowboat interest are a couple of nice shots of a pair of Willow Wren & British Waterway's working narrowboats being featured during the Flower of Gloster's journey south 'up to London' plus Jack & Rose Skinner retired working boat people are seen briefly on there butty Raymond at Sutton Stop plus also a pregnant boat woman who gives birth on her butty (a British Waterway's boat called Belfast) is actually quite a moving sequence to watch.

I believe all the main member's of the cast are still alive in 2017 although I would personally love to know what Elizabeth Docherty who when she appeared in the series was about 13 or 14 years old and would now be around 62 or 63 years old in 2017 was doing these days?. It looks like Elizabeth never appeared in anything else after making the Flower of Gloster in 1967.

"Watch it and enjoy it the series which is set in a time past in England of a lost era 50 years ago when the world seemed a little bit more young and innocent..."

Edited by Flower of Gloster