Is there a difference? Watermate Keys

Saffa

Featured Posts

You mean you haven't found one yet.

Correct, I think that is pretty clear, given I doubt anybody on here has tried one in each and every lock on the system.

I also said its not worth arguing the toss about, given the cost so I am not sure why you have brought it up again - several days later.

• 2 years later...

We do not own a boat , we do go on the canals regularly all over the place , so have used the "key " . We have figured one crt key fits all locks . There are a lot of locks and even more keys . Ignoring the clones statistically a key will fail to operate a lock at some point on the system at some time. That's an engineering fact . Wear on the key and or lock , faulty manufacture, poor operation , some combination. We have a huge experience in the aircraft industry, believe when we say things don't always go to plan !

26 minutes ago, Errant Ewart said:

We do not own a boat , we do go on the canals regularly all over the place , so have used the "key " . We have figured one crt key fits all locks . There are a lot of locks and even more keys . Ignoring the clones statistically a key will fail to operate a lock at some point on the system at some time. That's an engineering fact . Wear on the key and or lock , faulty manufacture, poor operation , some combination. We have a huge experience in the aircraft industry, believe when we say things don't always go to plan !

\in the 3 years since the question was asked we should assume that the question has either been answered, or the OP needs to change their underpants.

• Happy 1

• 3 years later...
On 27/04/2015 at 08:20, jonesthenuke said:

I have a copy key, bougt to replace a lost BW key. Sometimes its OK and sometimes (too often) its not. The Thrupp lift bridge absolutely refuses to accept the copy key and works immediately on a CaRT/BW key (I borrowed one from a helpful hire boat).

So last week I spend the £10 or so and ordered an official key. I wish I had done this in the first place.

£10 are you mad? CRT sell them for £7.