Eberspacher service in London.

Featured Posts

Hi, bought a boat with this unit, horrendous amounts of white smoke and tepid radiators. Boat has been sadly neglected so a service is well overdue. Are there any recommendations or ideas re the best way of getting this done please?

I don't do Eberspacher I'm afraid, Webasto, Mikuni, Wallas & Kabola are enough dealerships for me biggrin.png . I usually recommend South Eastern Auto Electrical Services or Colchester Fuel Injection for real expert work on Ebers, but it will mean having it removed and sent to them. You are certainly right that it in need of service as you are getting incomplete combustion from the sound of your description.

Edited by NMEA

I don't do Eberspacher I'm afraid, Webasto, Mikuni, Wallas & Kabola are enough dealerships for me biggrin.png . I usually recommend South Eastern Auto Electrical Services or Colchester Fuel Injection for real expert work on Ebers, but it will mean having it removed and sent to them. You are certainly right that it in need of service as you are getting incomplete combustion from the sound of your description.

Was not sure that you did or not but guessed you would know someone that does. smile.png

• 5 months later...

If u have a water heating model can i suggest firstly watching the youtube eberspacher service film , about 8 mins long . I think the guys name is Steve but not certain .

I follwed his instructions & others here have done too . I had never done anything similar before when i attempted the eber service and if im honest , i was bricking it as theyre expensive bits of kit .

Once i took it off the bulkhead , i follwed the vid stage by stage very methodically , with little yoghurt pots for each set of screws and each pot was labelled . It took me a fair while to do it - about 2 hours . A pair of gaskets were needed & a small wire gauze that covers the glowpin , so about £25 worth altogether .

Once reinstalled it took several attempts at start up and lots of white smoke but i was advised this is to be expected & to just keep trying to start the heater & then it fired up & for the last 18 months has been fine apart from a recent episode when i foolishly run out of diesel .

If you consider doing it yourself , search here for old threads to see whats involved as you ll need to check voltages first ( i had a mare because if was all completely new & i was out of my depth ) and other things but its definately worth considering doing it yourself as the eber technicians cost a fortune .

If you would prefer someone else do it then the cheaper way is to remove it & deliver it to them , rather than have someone come out . You can even post it to firms like PF Jones who ll clean it up & service it tho this firm is pricey .

ETA : just noticed that NMEA ( very helpful chap during my efforts ) has named places to have it serviced & likely to cost much less than PF Jones .

My gaskets came from ebay seller " angliapostalparts " also very helpful .

Edited by chubby