Trojan 105 or 145

Bob Blues

Featured Posts

I know the most popular Trojan battery is a T105 but has any one used the higher capacity T145

its 260 Ah at 20Hr instead of 225Ah at 20Hr. Or even the L16H-AC at 435Ah at 20Hr.

I can only fit 4 in so I was looking for the highest capacity 6V battery.

I don't think I can fit in the 2V 500Ah batteries due to height.

Bob

Hello Bob,

I have supplied L16H-AC they seem to be a good battery

If you have a specific Amp Hour capacity required always get there by using the smallest number of batteries as possible

Keeping the number of joints and terminations to a minimum

Also have a look at US batteries

Is US coping Trojan or is it the other way round

Keith

I would presume that the T145 is the same technology and material as the 105, just a bit bigger. However the reason why many people go for the 105 is because it is a popular battery outside of boating and therefore there is a mass market effect which makes them pretty cheap. I suspect if you look at the cost per amphour, the 145s will be a lot more expensive.

Just picking up on Keith's point, whilst of course he is right in saying fewer interconnections is best, the other consideration is whether you can physically get a large battery in due in particular to its weight. I'm not sure my back would stand lifting a 450AH battery into a restricted space!

Just picking up on Keith's point, whilst of course he is right in saying fewer interconnections is best, the other consideration is whether you can physically get a large battery in due in particular to its weight. I'm not sure my back would stand lifting a 450AH battery into a restricted space!

I always find someone else to lift the batteries in and out these days

Keith

I would presume that the T145 is the same technology and material as the 105, just a bit bigger. However the reason why many people go for the 105 is because it is a popular battery outside of boating and therefore there is a mass market effect which makes them pretty cheap. I suspect if you look at the cost per amphour, the 145s will be a lot more expensive.

Spot on there Nick, golf buggies use them I believe, probably a bigger market than boats would ever be.

Thanks for the replies...

The down side is the cost, I looked at the L16H-AC and for 4 it comes to 1200 including delivery.

I was quoted 900 for 6 * 2V 500Ah. and £450 for 4 T105 so the 105's can be replaced twice for the same cost as the L16H-AC.

I have had 4 good years out of US2200Xc Just looking for alternatives. the T145 may be the answer.

Bob

Thanks for the replies...

The down side is the cost, I looked at the L16H-AC and for 4 it comes to 1200 including delivery.

I was quoted 900 for 6 * 2V 500Ah. and £450 for 4 T105 so the 105's can be replaced twice for the same cost as the L16H-AC.

I have had 4 good years out of US2200Xc Just looking for alternatives. the T145 may be the answer.

Bob

but

assuming 12v system

4* L16 = 870 amp.hrs

4* T105 = 450 amp.hrs

4* T145 = 520 amp.hrs

2* L16 = 435 amp.hrs

Remember to work out amp.hr costs for approximately the same amp.hr battery bank.