Willow Wren Colours

alan_fincher

Featured Posts

In the past it has been suggested that Willow Wren probably often used standard Dulux colours of the time to paint their fleet - Phil Speight having mentioned Buckingham Green, and Dave Moore likewise suggesting County Cream,and Post Office Red.

Equally it has been suggested that at times they used whatever they could lay their hands on, and certainly not all boats look exactly the same colours in old photographs and slides, (though these themselves may have suffered over time of course).

An invoice that came with Flamingo seems to indicate a small part that was repainted in red recently used NarrowBoatPaint "Bright Red", but no green or cream was done at that time.

Are there viable standard colours in the NarrowBoatPaint or CraftMaster ranges that are a good match to the three (allegedly Dulux) colours used when the boats were at work, please?

• 3 years later...

We've got Redshank 1976 from Willow Wren Hire Cruisers Rugby. She's a wooden top. we're looking to repaint her in the original livery. has anyone done the same, or has any of her sisters? I've seen Oak on here but the trail has gone cold!

On 10/04/2015 at 23:39, Laurence Hogg said:

I have references for Willow Wren colours taken from "Cygnus", Green Pantone 370. Red Pantone 032, Yellow Pantone 116.

Hi Laurence, Have you got anymore information on Willow Wren wooden tops?

Just now, Redshank said:

Hi Laurence, Have you got anymore information on Willow Wren wooden tops?

I'm afraid Laurence Hogg is no longer with us on this mortal coil.

I think he passed away in June.

Edited by Ray T

Hi

Sorry to be slow, the pub got in the way. My notebook has the following:

Signal Red (5708)

Buckingham Green (3101)

County Cream (3103)

These, I think, are all Dulux colours. I’m not sure whether the numbers are RAL references or something else. They came from Ron Hough via Phil Speight.

Hope this helps

Dave