online Crt moorings empty

b0atman

Featured Posts

to be able to pay council tax would mean CC'rs can moor anywhere for as long as they like because they have to stay in the area they are paying tax for, by putting it on the license fee would have the same affect, so go for it mail CRT i would love not to have to move every 14 days and stay in my favorite area smile.png

I see the way you are thinking but such a tax as suggested would not be a local council tax but an additional central government tax that could be shared out to the UK councils (presumably those that have a navigable CRT canal running through it) as the tax will be collected on the CRT licence and paid in centrally. I don't think it would amount to much.

I doubt you could claim as you suggest as it is not a mooring fee residential or otherwise and the 1995 act and its conditions would still apply. Residential moorers may be paying council tax but that will be on top of a mooring fee and everyone whilst cruising has to observe the 14 day rule as per the act.

Edited by churchward

to be able to pay council tax would mean CC'rs can moor anywhere for as long as they like because they have to stay in the area they are paying tax for, by putting it on the license fee would have the same affect, so go for it mail CRT i would love not to have to move every 14 days and stay in my favorite area smile.png

I did not suggest that continuous cruisers pay Council Tax for this reason. What I am suggesting is that they make a contribution towards the services provided for everyone to use.

oh also i could claim housing benefit too, win win

If you are eligible, yes.

Yes it has been done to death and people still don't grasp that about 75% of council funding comes from central government

So true. How naiive are so many peeps when they spout crap about this or that payment? CCers contribute more because they use more diesel and pay tax on it, every thing anyone buys just about has VAT on it and I believe that some people actualy believe that each type of payment goes into seperate pots. It all goes to the government who then waste it however they feel fit on the day. People who dislike ccers are very often jealous that they do not have the bottle to try it themselves.

Tim

Tim

It seems perverse to remove the online moorings before the new marina is open for business. One of the reasons for removing the moorings is to drive boaters into the new marina. When moorings are withdrawn long in advance of construction, the boaters are driven out of the area instead. I guess this could be argued as reasonable in the circumstances: "I'm CMing here because this new marina caused my CRT mooring to be taken away. I'm waiting here for the marina to open so I can have a mooring again". :ninja:

Funnily enough I have been wondering about that; suffice to say should they try any enforcement action (and bear in mind I do try to keep my nose clean) that it will be a gripe I will be airing with Wednesbury in the mix...