online Crt moorings empty

b0atman

Featured Posts

Sorry it was in humour I forget I need to put a smiley on this forum to denote humour.

It seems to me that everything CRT do at the moment is about "the money that CRT get"

Regards kris

Sorry had a busy weekend.

Just to clarify Starman said continuous cruisers do it for nothing and it was pointed out that was not true.

Could get a window sticker made "continuous cruisers do it for nothing"

So how much do CRT get from your £1k in diesel costs?

since when was this about CRT getting money? it was to prove CC'rs DO pay their way but not directly to CRT and we don't freeload.

I think.you might struggle to get MtP to understand that

He is probably too pre-occupied with both paying out a shed-load of money for two moorings he says he regularly isn't using, but also paying out a further shed-load of diesel for the privilege of not doing so!

(Or at least while his boats actually have bottoms in them!.....)

And what world are you living in? "continuously cruising" for nothing.

By Constant Cruisers, do you mean the ones that uphold the rules of CART?

Spend loads of money maintaining their boat, so that can CC?

Help Canal side businesses by buying their Diesel and other wants so they can CC?

Use the waterways 12 months of the year to help keep it working and report any problems to CART whilst they are traveling?

Visit lots of villages during that year buying from local shops etc?

I'm sure i have missed a few points!

Or do you mean the CC ers that bitch and argue on here about fines etc for not doing what they signed up to do in the first place?

Nipper

edited for some bad spelling and cus i was gettin agree!

I meant "continuous cruisers" as opposed to continuous cruisers. I was trying to be tactful.

I live aboard and did 1000+ miles last year so I count myself one of the latter.

since when was this about CRT getting money? it was to prove CC'rs DO pay their way but not directly to CRT and we don't freeload.

What about Council Tax? Those CCers with a house will contribute but are those who live on their boats full time contributing to public services? It's obviously not practical for CCers to contribute to Council Tax if they are on the move but perhaps they should pay a higher licence fee and CRT pass on an appropriate amount to government.

It's not just CCers who don't contribute to services but travellers in general.

Edited by mango

What about Council Tax? Those CCers with a house will contribute but are those who live on their boats full time contributing to public services? It's obviously not practical for CCers to contribute to Council Tax if they are on the move but perhaps they should pay a higher licence fee and CRT pass on an appropriate amount to government. Not just CCers but travellers in general.

Hasn't the subject of CCers and Council Tax payments been done to death on here yet?

At the current state of legislation and council tax processes it is not possible for a CCer who moves around to pay council tax. Some may see this as unfair but the fact is CCers do not pay council tax and are not required and indeed are unable to do so.

Hasn't the subject of CCers and Council Tax payments been done to death on here yet?

At the current state of legislation and council tax processes it is not possible for a CCer who moves around to pay council tax. Some may see this as unfair but the fact is CCers do not pay council tax and are not required and indeed are unable to do so.

Yes it has been done to death and people still don't grasp that about 75% of council funding comes from central government

Yes it has been done to death and people still don't grasp that about 75% of council funding comes from central government

It may have been done to death but I don't spend much time on this forum.

What is wrong with my suggestion that CCers should pay a higher licence fee and the additional revenue passed on to government? i'm referring to those who don't have a house and are already making their contribution..

What is wrong with my suggestion that CCers should pay a higher licence fee and the additional revenue passed on to government? i'm referring to those who don't have a house and are already making their contribution..

Fantastic idea put it to CRT

Where I am moored for a few days on a 14 day mooring there is a section of long term moorings with empty spaces only one with a boat name reserving it now I doubt that all these boats are out but that the reality is they have not been let.

The visitor 48 hours are full each day one boat permanently there well more than 48 hours that I have been here.

The 14 days moorings are nearly full .

This leads to lots of boats being unable to moor (too narrow for breasting up) giving loss of trade to the local amenities.

Why can CRT not free up long term moorings for visitors if not rented.

As far as I'm aware, if there is no current tenant of a long-term mooring, anyone can moor there overnight. I have been told this by nearby long-term moorers a couple of times; once, at Newbold, we took advantage of it.

As far as I'm aware, if there is no current tenant of a long-term mooring, anyone can moor there overnight. I have been told this by nearby long-term moorers a couple of times; once, at Newbold, we took advantage of it.

We stopped at Braunston on Saturday afternoon on the LTM - just behind Calypso Rose. We were just going to stop for a late lunch as we had been rained on constantly since setting off. As we moored up in the 71 foot space, I could see us being watched from the wheelhouse two boats back.

Once ropes were secure, he toddled down

"That's someones mooring you know"

"Is it, I thought it was up for auction at present "

"Oh, well it's a long term mooring site" (points to post next to me)

"I'm fully aware of that, we're not stopping long"

"Oh" (again)

As we left after a couple of beers and some food, a hire boat came round the corner anxiously looking for a mooring, I directed them in ninja.gif

Cool it will stop the arguments about ccers not staying in a small area as they do not contribute to council tax as your way they will be

Are you suggesting that some boaters should pay nothing whatsoever towards the cost of public services that are funded by Council Tax?

Are you suggesting that some boaters should pay nothing whatsoever towards the cost of public services that are funded by Council Tax?

Not going to drag this out I have allready agreed with you what else do you want me to say. As I said before they also pay via tax as 75% of council funding comes from central government

We once did on the Ltms at Salterforth on the Leeds Liverpool. We were pretty green hire boaters at the time and it was another moorer who pointed out the space to us as he could see we were struggling to find a spot. I didn't argue with him I admit but I can't recall now if it was empty because the occupying boat was out cruising or if it was not currently let.

We moved off the next day without any grief from anybody anyway.

The other great thing is I would be exempt from paying this higher fee

We once did on the Ltms at Salterforth on the Leeds Liverpool. We were pretty green hire boaters at the time and it was another moorer who pointed out the space to us as he could see we were struggling to find a spot.

He couldn't resist a pretty green hire boat.

But seriously, that was the sort of thoughtful, non-dog-in-the-manger attitude which can help make boating such a pleasure.

He couldn't resist a pretty green hire boat.

Funny enough the boat in question was quite pretty and was indeed green (well in parts it was anyway)

October+2003007.JPG

Where I am moored for a few days on a 14 day mooring there is a section of long term moorings with empty spaces only one with a boat name reserving it now I doubt that all these boats are out but that the reality is they have not been let.

The visitor 48 hours are full each day one boat permanently there well more than 48 hours that I have been here.

The 14 days moorings are nearly full .

This leads to lots of boats being unable to moor (too narrow for breasting up) giving loss of trade to the local amenities.

Why can CRT not free up long term moorings for visitors if not rented.

Or maybe monitor situation and offer the CMers choice rent or move.

Seems like a reasonable idea: to offer what are probably over-priced long-term moorings to visitors or others who WOULD like them but at lower cost.

It's pointless to try and keep mooring prices artificially high -- and especially to pretend that unserviced and poorly dredged off-side strips of canal are as valuable as marina moorings -- at the expense of overcrowding public short-term moorings.

to be able to pay council tax would mean CC'rs can moor anywhere for as long as they like because they have to stay in the area they are paying tax for, by putting it on the license fee would have the same affect, so go for it mail CRT i would love not to have to move every 14 days and stay in my favorite area :)