Crusing down the Thames from Oxford.!!!

Peter Reg

Featured Posts

Hello all, my first time on the Thames, and I must say how different the boat handles, going downstream, it seems to feel like she's going faster with lower rev's! I've learnt to turn her around to head upstream to moor up, because trying to moor going downstream singlehanded is a bit difficult!! But I'm loving it.

I want to go to the Paddington basin? Does onto each know if you can just arrive and get a free 7 day morring or do I have to phone someone there?..

Thanks?

Hello all, my first time on the Thames, and I must say how different the boat handles, going downstream, it seems to feel like she's going faster with lower rev's! I've learnt to turn her around to head upstream to moor up, because trying to moor going downstream singlehanded is a bit difficult!! But I'm loving it.

I want to go to the Paddington basin? Does onto each know if you can just arrive and get a free 7 day morring or do I have to phone someone there?..

Thanks

You turn up and hope there is a space. No need to book.

I was wandering around Paddington basin (as a train commuter) the other day. It looked like it would be pretty difficult to find anywhere to moor. Down at the end of the basin where the pontoons are there were some spaces, but is this all winter moorings rather than visitor moorings? I guess the winter moorings must end soon?

I was wandering around Paddington basin (as a train commuter) the other day. It looked like it would be pretty difficult to find anywhere to moor. Down at the end of the basin where the pontoons are there were some spaces, but is this all winter moorings rather than visitor moorings? I guess the winter moorings must end soon?

Winter moorings ended on 31 March, according to the latest C&RT London newsletter that issued this week.

(By the way, in subsequent discussion about the tidal locking times (penultimate item) C&RT have pointed me to the 2015 times).

Edited by Scholar Gypsy

Thanks?

The boat will be going faster with lower revs when heading downstream!

The flow of the water will be helping out.

• Greenie 1

• 3 weeks later...

Hi Peter Reg, I was moored in front of you at Abingdon. Hope the trip is going well.

Hi Mike, the trip down to London was really good, got into Paddington basin, only stayed a week, too much noise, lol

Now on the K&A heading for Bristol, it's lovely here, but hard work singlehanded! Hope all is well for you.

The boat will be going faster with lower revs when heading downstream!

The flow of the water will be helping out.

Yes Naughty Cal, I noticed the difference when I came back upstream, but I enjoyed the experience of the Thames, now on the K&A for a while

Hi Mike, the trip down to London was really good, got into Paddington basin, only stayed a week, too much noise, lol

Now on the K&A heading for Bristol, it's lovely here, but hard work singlehanded! Hope all is well for you.

Yes Naughty Cal, I noticed the difference when I came back upstream, but I enjoyed the experience of the Thames, now on the K&A for a while

I enjoyed the K&A. Bath I could have stayed longer, better than Bristol, that is somewhere that needs more than 48 hr moorings in my opinion