Black Country Living Museum canal photos, 2015

Fmc_rob

Featured Posts

Took these on a recent trip to the BCLM in Dudley. Usually visit at least once a year, looked rather bare this time with 'Kildare', 'Peacock' and no tugs present, as well as 'Birchills' which I see has recently returned

IMGP6527_zpswrjdjo3k.jpg

IMGP6554_zpsfgiz5jjq.jpg

IMGP6630_zpsmjztgxpf.jpg

IMGP6632_zpsnsvyoeuj.jpg

IMGP6633_zpsnmf8stpr.jpg

IMGP6638_zpsz1ahlxra.jpg

IMGP6639_zpsowbwedvx.jpg

IMGP6637_zpscpnlcd2m.jpg

IMGP6641_zpsnbcvw4fw.jpg

IMGP6640_zpsuwrjtht1.jpg

• 3 months later...

No tugs at the museum, Coventry was there, and has been since last year without a break. I know she is the smallest working tug, but she was tied by Broad Street Bridge, as she always is.

You seem to have chosen a very quiet day or were you out of hours. I have just been there for 4 days and it was very busy.

On the 18 & 19 July it is the museum 40's weekend. There will be movement of boats, please make your self known, and we will be happy to chat about tugs and joey boats. Enterprise No 1 will also be there.

We were there in mid June and I assumed the lack of boats was due to 'anything of interest' had gone to Braunston - we saw President going in that direction. The place has to be reasonably tidy - else the public won't walk down there. After all it's a bit of a back end since they moved the greasy spoon café up to the Workers' Institute (and replaced faggots-chips-and-peas with something more PC - shame..)