GUCC pair 'Archimedes' and 'Ara'

Fmc_rob

Featured Posts

Let's hope they will be back out and about soon. Without previous operators' actions tied to the boats.

Dan

Yes indeed. .. and if anyone can prove that the reputation of a previous owner does not have to stay with a boat for it's life it must be you Dan

Without previous operators' actions tied to the boats.

Dan

Looks like nothings tied to the boats at present.

Like AlanF, I can't understand why people hang on to boats and let them go to rack and ruin. The two pairs at Weedon and Heyford haven't moved in years and are slowly rotting away, with the present owner of A &, it seems to be a similar intension.

• 3 months later...

I expect he has been sworn to secrecy, hence my rather more circumspect question...

If trying to sell something surely the price should be freely available. I certainly would not look at anything if the price was not revealed before I travelled.

If trying to sell something surely the price should be freely available. I certainly would not look at anything if the price was not revealed before I travelled.

Wasn't this exact point discussed earlier in the thread, or was it another thread?

Speculation is that the owner doesn't want to sell, but is under pressure to do so is 'going through the motions', whilst at the same time making it as difficult as possible for a deal to be done.

Somebody needs to put Narrow Boat magazine right.....

There are two completely separate references in the most recent issue, both stating something like Archimedes and Ara are still actively involved in the retail coal trade in the London area.

I think £80,000 has been mentioned before and, I have said before, that sounds about £20,000 too much.

George ex nb Alton retired

Sorry about the problems with the link, still getting used to dropbox.

Hopefully this one will work of ARA.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/c63v0z8828zx0jl/2015-07-16%2009.41.49.jpg?dl=0

Note the ticket attached to the cabin doors, the pair had collected a number of these over the months.

Keith

Edited by Steilsteven