Smartgauge question.

ROBDEN

Featured Posts

Morning.

I've had my Smartgauge since late 2009.

Do you know if there's much difference compared to the latest generation?

Rob....

When you say "latest generation", I guess you mean the Smartgauges branded as Smartgauge still on sale. There is, the Merlin DataCell II which is a development from the original Smartgauge:

http://www.rjsmarine.co.uk/merlin-monitor/datacell-II-battery-monitor

When you say "latest generation", I guess you mean the Smartgauges branded as Smartgauge still on sale. There is, the Merlin DataCell II which is a development from the original Smartgauge:

http://www.rjsmarine.co.uk/merlin-monitor/datacell-II-battery-monitor

How much?!!!!! Streuth, you could hire a butler to check your batteries for you, polish them and get ironed newspapers into the bargain for that money!

How much?!!!!! Streuth, you could hire a butler to check your batteries for you, polish them and get ironed newspapers into the bargain for that money!

I do miss ironed newspapers.

But £1,000 plus is taking the mickey.

Smartgauge RIP.

Edited by George94

The 'original' Smartgauge is alive and well and more than adequate for use on a narrowboat/widebeam.

I suspect that most of us do not actually use all its properties. It is not just a monitor.

The Smartcell is a completely different beast and has way to many additional uses for a narrowboat/widebeam

I am in the process of refitting my battery bank, which involves ripping pretty much everything out and starting again. The old battery set up was a mess!

I have a SmartGuage - fitted in 2010 - which is the 'new generation', I know this because I asked Vicky at Merlin if it would work with a SmartBank, which I am also fitting, and it does. In order for her to tell me which SmartGuage I had, she wanted to see a photograph of the unit as there is nothing on it that gives the game away.

I think if the rear of your SG has an RJ11 socket, so that it can 'talk' to the Smart Bank, it is the latest version.

If you need any help, give Merlin a ring and ask for Vicky - she is really, really helpful - and, she knows her electrics!!

HTH