Windy

Bettie Boo

Featured Posts

We (she and me) will have a good laugh about this time-adjustment-mistake when I see her, what was her name, and the name of her boat ?

Cheers,

Peter.

if she put her clocks back she would have arrived 2 hrs late, not early.

as I said it seems arse about face.

am I missing something?

Manchester has been blown away.We are now where York used to be. York is sitting alongside Europe, and has converted to using the Euro.

In all seriousness, last night was the worst ever. I have 5 coal bags holding down my solar panels, just in case, and must have run out to double check every 20mins last night...it was scary...and still blowing strong.

Mrs T writes:

Moored at Hillmorton Bottom Locks. At 2am this morning we were up, securing the boat with additional mooring lines, otherwise we would now be sitting in the reeds with the mallards (and Mrs Mallard directly opposite is busy building her nest despite all the gales). Accuweather site forecast for Rugby today is 70kph.....presumably when Ray takes the Mutt for a walk I might see him on the other side of the cut - or they have gone for a flying lesson......

Mrs T

Mrs T writes:

Moored at Hillmorton Bottom Locks. At 2am this morning we were up, securing the boat with additional mooring lines, otherwise we would now be sitting in the reeds with the mallards (and Mrs Mallard directly opposite is busy building her nest despite all the gales). Accuweather site forecast for Rugby today is 70kph.....presumably when Ray takes the Mutt for a walk I might see him on the other side of the cut - or they have gone for a flying lesson......

Mrs T

Yup.

2 oclock we were up on the Trent were it was blowing an absolute hooley big time. One of the worst nights we have endured for many a year. Rivers up a few inches 2day and its still too windy for anyone with more than one brain cell to boat in this location at any rate.

Quite sunny though. Funnily the wind in these parts was about 50 plus miles per hour a good British wind non of that foreign kilometre wind stuff round here.

Tim

20150331_095121_zpsl6zgy8jz.jpg

the 20 foot River wind tunnel was fun....entering from the left ahead in pic

Is the wind farm spinning madly, or shut down 'cause it's too windy?

MP.

ETA. Have fun on Well Creek, approaching Nordelph. Very exposed there and not very wide for crabbing.

Edited by MoominPapa

It's very windy here on the Market Harborough arm, about a half mile past the Bone Works.

The poor sods in the hire boats are the about the only ones that are moving accept for a share boat and a boat with the biggest tent on the back that i have ever seen.

All his side panels are in place, so the fool is peering through the, not so clear front panels, having a problem seeing where he is going let alone fighting this wind!

I suspect Market Harborough basin will be entertaining soon!

As for us? The solar panels are banging in the juice, Mary is sorting out last years Sloe Gin and I'm considering a bottle of wine to sup!

Nipper

If someone put their clock back instead of forward they would arrive 2 hours late-eg their clock says 8am but it's really 10am.I'm with you Murflynn.

Trina

I think what she probably did was same as me.........altered mobile phone before going to bed and forgot it actually updates itself .... resulting in loss of 2 hours sleep!

Yup - can only add that last night was by far the windiest night we've had since moving onto the boat.

Thankfully Dave installed those 4 massive solar panels flat to our roof rather than going for the ability to have them angled toward the sun and they were all still in place when we got up this morning.

We brought in the life ring, and hose reel before going to bed last night so other than a couple of my planters blowing over everything seems to still be intac on the roof for now at least :)

again some lovely pics Matty

Just borrowed the other brain cell of nortyCal and MTB and given up at Nordelph.

The wind when the showers came through was ridiculous.

I think a particular issue is the strength of the gusts. We are getting relative calm and the from seemingly nothing to huge blasts that were nearly knocking me off my feet when I was out walking the dog earlier.

I think a particular issue is the strength of the gusts. We are getting relative calm and the from seemingly nothing to huge blasts that were nearly knocking me off my feet when I was out walking the dog earlier.

Thought I had another job for Liam earlier. The wind took the car door from my hand, luckily it stopped before it wrenched back on itself!

My lady is stuck at the bottom end of the Macc because of the wind. Trouble is she's trying to get to Middlewich in time for the festivities there this Easter weekend. Its going to involve some long hours for her once the wind drops enough for her to set off again. She's selling her art there you see, trading as The Art Boat.

She's hoping to start heartbreak hill tomorrow morning and get some of that cracked off before the wind gets up again.