Proposed Solar Farm by the canal at Bascote

WendyB

Featured Posts

Unlike nuclear energy, the true cost of which is underwritten by governments, and will be for thousands of years.

Unlike coal-fired energy, which doesn't pay the true costs of the environmental damage caused.

I agree with you here. America and the world should have gone Thorium right from the beginning. However, I'm sure I saw a BBC news item just a few days ago where they said that the Utility company/government had to pay the wind power company millions even when they told them to shut it down - that was the point of the news item. Mind you, the BBC....wouldn't take their word for anything.

Mushrooms, rhubarb and white asparagus, and some types of chicory, all perfect for growing underneath solar panels.

Also, humans, animals, cars and machines are also very good at living underneath them. I,can't think of many roofs that are blighted by the look of solar panels. Maybe listed buildings but Imthink they should be everywhere.

I know it doesn't really apply in the UK, but they are good for cooling houses too. They act like a sun-hat, exactly like the false roof on a LandRover. We've noticed the heat difference in the upstairs in summer - difference is amazing.

There is an interesting video on Thorium if you are bored out of your head and have time on your hands.

not as weird as i am, i love wind turbines, i honestly think they are beautiful, mind you i also think cooling towers are lovely in an industrial sorta way

So do I. I think wind turbines are a very graceful way of generating electricity.

Regards

David L

We have just got some here at Uttoxeter on the side of the A50, personally I think they look worse than a windfarm and have equally dubious credentials, but my main issue stems with the loss of the land which in the case of the 'solar farm' near us appears to be fairly high quality land. At least with a 'wind farm' you can still use the land below them.

I would say 'it will only be a matter of time before they get pinched' but its was on the news recently that its already common practice.

Daniel