Morco Heater big enough?

Featured Posts

More than adequate.

A caveat to that......

These raise the temperature of the input water by a fixed amount, for any given flow rate.

So if they raise it (say) 25 degrees C, then if it is warm weather, and the water in your cold water tank is at 15 degrees, then it will deliver nice hot water at 40 degrees.

But in mid winter, if the water in your cold water tank is at only 5 degrees, then at the same flow rate, the water will only be heated to 30 degrees, which may seem inadequate if you are trying to shower in it. The only way around this is to reduce flow rate, so the water passes through more slowly, and hence gets heated more.

So there is a trade off - low flow rate & nice hot water, or a decent flow rae, but water not as hot as you might like.

Yes, they are very regularly fitted to boats, but I reckon if you (say) like hot showers, they work better un the summer than in the winter.

No - you just turn the flow down by twiddling one of the knobs on the boiler (normally two knobs - one off / on ignition and flame, and the other is water flow). Just turn the knob until the water is hot enough for you and accept whatever flow you are getting.

morco.jpg

Edited by Alan de Enfield

Hello!

I'm reading lots of old threads about gas water heaters. It's incredibly useful - thank you everyone for all you comments!

When time & more importantly budget allows, I'd like a gas or diesel system that heats water for central heating, and for hot water...

But right now, I'm looking for a quick and cheap way to get hot water... so i can use the hot water to clean the boat, and have little showers at the end of a day of hard graft!!

It sank last summer, and is still smeared with Mud!! Many of on tis forum were incredibly helpful during that rather sad phase!!

Would something like this do the trick please?

http://www.wayfair.co.uk/Eccotemp-Portable-Tankless-Outdoor-Only-Water-Heater-and-Shower-CE-L5-L6482-K~ECCO1000.html?refid=GX51210268343-ECCO1000&device=c&ptid=91671463572

Are there any safety considerations? Would I be rigth to assume something like this wouldn't be allowed by the Boat Safety Certificate people?

Thank you!!

Marcus

Marcus - I think the answer may be in the product name :

"Portable Tankless Outdoor Only Water Heater and Shower"

Features:

• Outdoor use only (do not use within enclosure or indoors)
  • Includes 2 meter shower hose and 3 spray shower head
  • Includes CE UK propane regulator and hose for attaching on a standard propane tank
  • 2 D cell battery ignition
  • Adjustable water temperature from 26-54 degrees C
  • On/off switch

Marcus - I think the answer may be in the product name :

"Portable Tankless Outdoor Only Water Heater and Shower"

Features:

• Outdoor use only (do not use within enclosure or indoors)
  • Includes 2 meter shower hose and 3 spray shower head
  • Includes CE UK propane regulator and hose for attaching on a standard propane tank
  • 2 D cell battery ignition
  • Adjustable water temperature from 26-54 degrees C
  • On/off switch

Mind you, in the detailed product description they suggest using in 'country cottages' and 'around the house'. Maybe their cottages and houses don't have roofs!