CoverIt - Atherton, Manchester

Trish01

Featured Posts

What a great name for a town.

Known locally as 'Bongs' when I was a lad, if I recall correctly. I recall a 999 operator from Manchester being a bit nonplussed by the message 'There's a reight big feight in Bongs' before the caller hung up.

• 1 year later...
On 03/11/2015 at 13:18, WarringtonWhite said:

When I was looking around for a new cratch cover earlier this year I tried to contact Coverlit because that cratch we had on was made by them and i was being lazy. I found out that they were no longer trading.

I did a lot of looking around and found that there was not a lot of choice around us - we are on L&L at Adlington.

I found a company in Nantwich that I can only recomend. They were 5 star and they just made it happen.

Call Hazel or Tim for a chat about any repairs or new cratch covers

www.cratchcoversandcanopies.co.uk/

Ive got nothing to do with them just a customer that has had great service and product

On 07/02/2016 at 11:27, Glynn said:

I can certainly vouch for AM trim, had covers made by them and excellent services.

On 10/02/2016 at 21:02, Covert Boat Covers said:

Hello: Catweasel

My husband is David and he worked at Coverit as an employee for 20+ years. After things happened, we set up our business - Covert Boat Covers in a work shop in Manchester 2015.

Every job we do is bespoke and each job is patterned as to customer needs etc. We use marine quality material and stainless steel where possible.

We hope this information is of any help.

Many thanks

Covert Boat Covers

Just on the prowl for a cover company myself, as we want a custom cover to go over our wheelhouse and rear deck during winter. Boat will be in the Northwich area if anyone has any recommendations.

Daniel

Emily Anne 057.jpg

On 07/02/2016 at 11:27, Glynn said:

I can certainly vouch for AM trim, had covers made by them and excellent services.

AM trim did such a good a job on our repair... it was only meant to 'makedo' for one more winter but thanks to them its still in use 

Antrim I'd happily recommend did some super work for us and several other boats at our marina. not sure if Northwich might be a bit far as they are based near Preston. 

All seasons covers might be a good option they made a great tonneau cover for our semi and are based at Wigan so a bit nearer.

I had to put my two pennith in on this one. I need a new cratch cover but need to be careful how I spend my money as I'm a pensioner with limited funds. My cratch has no windows but has 4 zips for roll up sides. I started getting quotes a few months back and the average was £700+. I did find one at £550 but like the rest there was a waiting list of several months so I gave up. Move forward to now, my cratch is very very poorly and won't last the winter. I cannot afford £700+ so did some digging locally in the north west. I have not had the job done yet but found a guy with lifetime experience who quoted, depending on material and refinements. His quote was from £200 all the way up to £400 for the crème de la crème.

The lesson is shop around, you don't have to pay silly money.

• Happy 1

On ‎15‎/‎09‎/‎2017 at 08:18, bigstevecat said:

I had to put my two pennith in on this one. I need a new cratch cover but need to be careful how I spend my money as I'm a pensioner with limited funds. My cratch has no windows but has 4 zips for roll up sides. I started getting quotes a few months back and the average was £700+. I did find one at £550 but like the rest there was a waiting list of several months so I gave up. Move forward to now, my cratch is very very poorly and won't last the winter. I cannot afford £700+ so did some digging locally in the north west. I have not had the job done yet but found a guy with lifetime experience who quoted, depending on material and refinements. His quote was from £200 all the way up to £400 for the crème de la crème.

The lesson is shop around, you don't have to pay silly money.

Perhaps you should wait until after you have had the job done. After all you have not seen the cover yet

Yes and as a decent fitter will come out measure up and make a template then go back to the workshop and make up the cover, then come back and do the final fitting... I don't see how any one could do that for £200 quid even for a simple cover add in some zips and complex shapes and decent material and £200 quid seems too good to be true....