Running Nipples

Featured Posts

Hi all,

Just starting the plumbing in 15mm plastic piping and am going to use 1/2" bsp running nipples through the bulkhead but should I use compression fittings either side or can I pass the pipe through to avoid 2 more joints in pipe runs.

Neil.

Is there a real need to make the hole in the bulkhead a tight fit? If the pipe is running behind something or in a conduit, there is very little need or are you thinking of potential draughts? On my build, we've run everything in the conduit we built to square off the angle of the chines, so for us draughts aren't a problem & all pipework runs to joints we can easily get to at their point of access to the various outlets. Even if you do have to have a tight fitting hole in the bulkhead, I'd avoid any joints if you can, but if you feel you need them, place them where you can access them easily.

Neal, if you wish to maintain the watertight integrity, use 15mm tank connectors that have been bored to allow the tube to pass right through. You can then just nip up the fitting to give you a watertight bulkhead without a joint in the tube.

Give me a shout if you want me to bore the fittings for you.

It's because you don't go running: http://www.runnersworld.com/running-tips/how-prevent-nipple-chafing

Richard

I don't run ever and this is one of the reasons why, a very very minor reason I admit but a reason none the less?

Oh and sorry for taking the thread so off topic to the OP, just couldn't resist

Neal, if you wish to maintain the watertight integrity, use 15mm tank connectors that have been bored to allow the tube to pass right through. You can then just nip up the fitting to give you a watertight bulkhead without a joint in the tube.

Give me a shout if you want me to bore the fittings for you.

I was going to do that with the running nipples and 2 back nuts.

Neil.