changing boat name

isatis

Featured Posts

Given that our boat has a naff name

How do we go about changing it

You can call your boat what you like. You can if you wish even get the boat painted with iits new name.

The only thing that matters is to let your navigation authority know.

I looked on C&rts website there was no form or anything ...do i just phone them and tell them can it be that simple???

Well first you need to find a virgin who is willing to be sacrificed...

I wonder if our youngest daughter (13) would be interested in this particular job

I looked on C&rts website there was no form or anything ...do i just phone them and tell them can it be that simple???

I wonder if our youngest daughter (13) would be interested in this particular job

What job?

That may not be allowed. In the interests of equality you will need to check with your Local Authority whether the next sacrifice has to be female or male.

Chirk marina having an over haul internally

That may not be allowed. In the interests of equality you will need to check with your Local Authority whether the next sacrifice has to be female or male.

Ah that had not crossed my mind well i could spare the fifteen year old

What does that mean exactly?

refit basically

The trouble with cute jokey boat names is that they are only cute & jokey the first time you see them . After that short term novelty factor has worn off, you're stuck with it.

yes I know ..we did not name it hence the rename

refit basically

yes I know ..we did not name it hence the rename

Then you can call your boat anything you wish. Though obscene names may now be disallowed.

Just let CRT know at their Leeds office. Yes there are online forms to do such stuff but just ring them they are very helpful.

BEWARE !!!! It is absolutely crucial that a proper de-naming ceremony is performed first. The Titanic was due to be named something else on the building stocks and changed at the last minute I believe and look what happened to that.

A good description of how to perform de-naming and renaming ceremonies is to Google ''The Frugal Mariner''.

Another little word of warning is if your thinking of renaming the boat after your current O/H, girlfriend or boyfriend or conjucation of your names, doing this could be fraught with great pain and extra peril if you both happen to fall out, divorce or whatever. You could be stuck with your boat named after someone you now detest or even hate. I remember someone that named his boat after his girlfriend and named it ''The beautiful Ethel''. They fell out big time and he straight away sloshed on paint to obliterate her name and with great angryness scrawled over it ''May Ethel Rot''. captain.gif

Another little word of warning is if your thinking of renaming the boat after your current O/H, girlfriend or boyfriend or conjucation of your names, doing this could be fraught with great pain and extra peril if you both happen to fall out, divorce or whatever. You could be stuck with your boat named after someone you now detest or even hate. I remember someone that named his boat after his girlfriend and named it ''The beautiful Ethel''. They fell out big time and he straight away sloshed on paint to obliterate her name and with great angryness scrawled over it ''May Ethel Rot''. captain.gif

Or at least choose a partner with a common name to maximise your chances of meeting someone else who tallies with the boat.

Isn't this the conspiracy theory that that 'Titanic' was 'Olympic' in disguise, or some such?

Not sure. It might have been simply RMS BIG because they were getting short of white paint.. I think it had two sister ships, Britannic and Olympic.

Or at least choose a partner with a common name to maximise your chances of meeting someone else who tallies with the boat.

Ethel was very popular 80 years ago. closedeyes.gif