spring''s just around the corner

johno38

Featured Posts

I see some mild joshing about the absence of the apostrophe in the title has been deleted.

It does seem a shame that the anti-grammar police are in the ascendency on these boards now. Getting offended on behalf of other people is never pretty, unless it was the OP who reported it in which case it's fair enough.

MtB

And now the deleted posts (3 & 4) are visible again, and seem to be re-instated. Odder and odder.

Actually given posts 1 & 2 are virtually identical, I'm wondering if the OP started two nearly identical threads which have now been merged...

MtB

And now the deleted posts (3 & 4) are visible again, and seem to be re-instated. Odder and odder.

Actually given posts 1 & 2 are virtually identical, I'm wondering if the OP started two nearly identical threads which have now been merged...

MtB

Yes, that is what happened. When I first looked at CWF about 7.30 this morning there were two threads with the same title. They must have been merged during this afternoon.

Yes, that is what happened. When I first looked at CWF about 7.30 this morning there were two threads with the same title. They must have been merged during this afternoon.

Exactly, when I saw the parallel threads this morning, I reported it and DeanS merged them.

Oh dear what did I start so sorry can I make up for missing these '' have two,

What a smashing day! this weather seems early but as a few of you have pointed out it could change.

over the last few years when we have had an early spring and sunny April we,ve ended with a shite summer so I hope it does not spring to early, but yes I am seeing lots of early signs

Hmm, Michael Fish seems to have got it wrong (again):

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-1388136/UK-weather-Another-scorcher-Michael-Fish-recalls-hot-summer-1976.html

Although 1975 was very hot as well.

Yes, he's wrong. it was 1975. An auspicious year for me.

http://www.buxtonadvertiser.co.uk/news/local/dickie-bird-recalls-when-snow-stopped-play-in-buxton-1-3493083

OK so thought spring here..get out in garden..shut doors on that wots inside

Freezing fingers followed by rain and discovery that waterproofs are not wot they are advertised to be.

But have some crocuses out and snowdrops so warm weather must just be over the next hill.

Love the great outdoors and spring my favourite time but don't think quite there yet.

Soon must be soon.

Meanwhile back indoors front porch roof sprung leak and water tracking through.

Snow in SW London yesterday morning. Now that's just not right as it was banned in our Borough a few decades ago. I want a council tax rebate.

Didn't see any here a few miles away, but (1) maybe it had melted by the time I got out of bed and (2) I'm low down in the Wandle valley and you're part-way up the North Downs. The northerners on here would not regard them as impressive hills, but they will make a little difference.

Does the topic title refer to a mattress in the cut?

Didn't see any here a few miles away, but (1) maybe it had melted by the time I got out of bed and (2) I'm low down in the Wandle valley and you're part-way up the North Downs. The northerners on here would not regard them as impressive hills, but they will make a little difference.

You're on one source of the Wandle (Croyden springs) we are on t'other (Carshalton springs). The rivers meet/co-join near Hackbridge.

About 30mm snow but went very fast after 9am. Yes the Downs do make a difference as I climb them (in a car) most evenings and observe rain turn to sleet/snow every now and again on top at Headley Heath.

Missed that. what's an apostrophe between fellow forum members? I quite often miss them out or add them as the mood nay my naff english dictates.

As for spring..yep it's in the air the ducks are quacking quackers and zee birds sing as i type. The days grow longer and daffodillys begin to show promise of golden glory yet to come.

Punctuation makes all the difference, in the sentence below it would save grandma's life!

Let's eat grandma!

or

Let's eat, grandma!

Edited by NickF