The cheapest secure moorings on the cut

dockgateman

Featured Posts

That is cheap.

Our boat club doesn't even get close to that. If we moored at the boat club we are members of our moorings would be £750.

Yours would be £500 for the same size boat!

What facilities are available?

ETA: The £750 at out club includes electric and water.

Edited by Naughty Cal

Boat Club moorings are usually cheaper than commercial marinas. However, Bill Fen Marina is famously cheap, but remote (although in a beautiful area).

FWIW, I pay £560 per year for 27ft at Shire Cruisers. Both Bill Fen and Shire Cruisers are, unsurprisingly, usually full.

I have a doubt about the use of secure in this thread.

I moor off the main line in a basin that has full cctv, fully lit after dark, all night.

The area is completely surrounded by double fencing with razor wire between the fencing and along the top of the inner.

There are at least two live aboards and in three years I've been broken into twice.

I have a doubt about the use of secure in this thread.

I moor off the main line in a basin that has full cctv, fully lit after dark, all night.

The area is completely surrounded by double fencing with razor wire between the fencing and along the top of the inner.

There are at least two live aboards and in three years I've been broken into twice.

I've often wondered if my narrow boat is more secure if I leave the back doors open!

I didn't replace any of the stuff stolen, so when they broke in the second time they just did a couple of hundred pounds worth of damage to doors/hatch/locks & hinges.

I haven't locked it since.

I considered putting a notice on the door explaining that it was unlocked because of previous robberies. However I don't speak or write in the Eastern European language that the CCTV picked up they were shouting to each other.