I gotta Boat Now. !!

Terryb

Featured Posts

Please don't take this as a criticism, implied or otherwise, but I would be interested to know how very 'different' paint jobs affect price or (more likely), interest in the boat.

Was it your impression that the external appearance of the boat either enhanced or depressed the final offer which you had to make?

Absolutely agree about Steve and Dominic - when I bought my boat in 2013 they were very helpful and professional. Before the exchange they were clearly working for their client but afterwards they could not have assisted me more.

Please don't take this as a criticism, implied or otherwise, but I would be interested to know how very 'different' paint jobs affect price or (more likely), interest in the boat.

Was it your impression that the external appearance of the boat either enhanced or depressed the final offer which you had to make?

Absolutely agree about Steve and Dominic - when I bought my boat in 2013 they were very helpful and professional. Before the exchange they were clearly working for their client but afterwards they could not have assisted me more.

PMd

Well done on your purchase.... you have a reason to be retired now!

I know, but when the time comes it's quite difficult to make the leap. I'm 58 and have a few more (useful) years left in me. You never know though, if anyone really upsets me at work, then I will be tempted to tell them to stuff it, and I'll be off. boat.gif

Gor Blimey Terry, Be careful wiv the birds on that boat......They'll get "all Mumsy" on ya!laugh.png

Lets live in hope Eh !! tongue.png

Wow love the external decor..watch out for bumps n scrapes..its luverly

Thanks Patty Ann, she doesn't look that fresh up close but I will try and brighten it up over time.

I know, but when the time comes it's quite difficult to make the leap. I'm 58 and have a few more (useful) years left in me. You never know though, if anyone really upsets me at work, then I will be tempted to tell them to stuff it, and I'll be off. boat.gif

I was lucky my largest (by a big margin) customer sold out to a French conglomerate and they had in house maintenance so my work disappeared. This forced me to re-assess and rather than struggle to find new customers I closed the company down. (at 59) best decision I ever made

Before you do it you worry about the size of your pension pot..........its NEVER going to be big enough. but when you retire you find it is.

Good luck !!! striking boat !!! However don't try hiding from anyone cool.png

I had a quick peek at this boat whilst the photos were being taken for the brokerage website.

I remember thinking at the time that it would probably sit around for a while as the paint job makes it obviously makes it a very unique boat and not what everybody is looking for. I'm glad i was wrong as it is great to see something different on the cut.

I'm curious...

Were you waiting for such an individual boat to pop up? Were you instantly attracted to the boat because of the attractive paint job? Or is it just a practical boat for you and you don't care what's on the outside?

PMd

I know, but when the time comes it's quite difficult to make the leap. I'm 58 and have a few more (useful) years left in me. You never know though, if anyone really upsets me at work, then I will be tempted to tell them to stuff it, and I'll be off. :boat:

PMd

I know, but when the time comes it's quite difficult to make the leap. I'm 58 and have a few more (useful) years left in me. You never know though, if anyone really upsets me at work, then I will be tempted to tell them to stuff it, and I'll be off. :boat:

Nice one, amazing boat.

Your motto at work now is...

Fire when ready!

Wow, I thought mine would stand out in a crowd when I painted it cadburys purple but I can't top yours, it looks great and will always give you plenty of conversation on your travels on the cut, right now where is that mural painter I used to know.Lol.

I had a quick peek at this boat whilst the photos were being taken for the brokerage website.

I remember thinking at the time that it would probably sit around for a while as the paint job makes it obviously makes it a very unique boat and not what everybody is looking for. I'm glad i was wrong as it is great to see something different on the cut.

I'm curious...

Were you waiting for such an individual boat to pop up? Were you instantly attracted to the boat because of the attractive paint job? Or is it just a practical boat for you and you don't care what's on the outside?

I think that I wanted something that I could live on first, and second maybe never quite enjoyed (though admire) the traditional Castles and Roses theme.

I've seen that boat at Ditchford on the Nene in September, & then just a few weeks ago at my home marina in Northampton on the Nene. Love the paint job. Congratz.

IMG_20140910_161718.jpg

I actualy like it. Far better than the usual clone boat painting that sooooo many boats ( mine included ) are done in. Its individual and looks like a good job too.

Tim

PMd

I did exactly that at 58, the last two years cruising(I enjoy marina life and hook up during winter though) have been the best time of my life.

Awesome, so happy for you. Me next *fingers crossed* will certainly recognised you if we ever pass each other whilst on the cut :-)

Hi Pennie, sorry it's taken me a week. I have been torn between buying a flat, selling, moving and packing my house up. And the fact that bridge 84 at Milton keynes has prevented navigation, a must for me when I pick up Alfie in 2 weeks or so.

Send me a pic of your Rose of York and i will keep an eye out. Though I must admit I plan to stay around Hertford for the time being.

But things change so quickly so you never know. Right now I'm on cloud9.gif

well will look out for you as i chug along and say hi!..enjoy

Hi Patty-Ann,please read above. I would let you know in advance when I get to your neck of the woods,but don't know where you are. tongue.png

I'm giving myself 2 months to pack up from land living :-) What an exciting time we have ahead of us

Good luck

my house sale is now progressing, just bought a caravan to live in whilst looking for the right boat.

Exciting times indeed.

And Terry , Alfie looks fantastic.

Though I must admit I plan to stay around Hertford for the time being.

You are moored in Hertford? I remember it well - I was a student there for two years. Pleasant memories, such as drinking The Barge Inn (much smaller than it is now) dry during Rag Week. (I had help).