Strawberry Orange Banana Lime Leaf Slate Sky Blueberry Grape Watermelon Chocolate Marble
Strawberry Orange Banana Lime Leaf Slate Sky Blueberry Grape Watermelon Chocolate Marble
Sign in to follow this  
cariad

six nations

Featured Posts

It's a game of two halves and Wales played ten minutes.

Perfect Colemanballs!

When Scotland win the grand slam I will celebrate with my rollover lottery winnings. Ah weel, might thrash the French tonight tho.

Wales have lost the ability to play outside sports

They only want to play indoors

It was interesting that before the match Gatland was not happy that they were not being allowed to have the roof closed, he felt it should be their choice. It is a ridiculous stance, rugby is an outdoor sport, closing the roof should be the exception, and it certainly should not be either of the teams that make that decision but the tournament organisers. I hope they don't try that on in the World Cup, but at least their matches with England and Australia are at Twickenham.

My feeling is the opposite. IRELAND are very strong and could be the ones to do it after their performances last year.

I guess they will have to hope that the other sides only play 14 as that seems the only chance of them scoring any tries. I think Ireland were very average today

ITAvIRL was possibly the most boring match I have ever watched. Pity about the ITA knock on in the dying seconds, rules is rules..........

ITAvIRL was possibly the most boring match I have ever watched. Pity about the ITA knock on in the dying seconds, rules is rules..........

Thanks. I am pleased that I did not choose to watch it, nice to know that I didn't miss much!

Yes a shame. I disagree that it was a boring match not the most exciting perhaps but not boring. I like watching Italy play. They have some good moments and play an old fashioned physical style. They tackle better than most teams but the need to defend physically does understandably wear them down which appeared to happen today. Ireland were a bit average but I think they can step up their game but we shall see.

I am impressed with Scotland they have made enormous progress in 12 months

Yes a good game but still some of the old Scotland in evidence giving away stupid penalties. If they could clean up their game and pick up less penalties they could have won today. Throwing the ball away prior to a line out was one of the worst ill disciplined mistakes made it gave away 3 points just for that. Scotland defended their 22 quite well though even when a man down.

Edited by churchward

I guess they will have to hope that the other sides only play 14 as that seems the only chance of them scoring any tries. I think Ireland were very average today

I agree they were average, but that is all they needed.

I'm in Wales...they are not happy..........

I'm in England and i am not happy either.

I am impressed with Scotland they have made enormous progress in 12 months

In sporting if not political terms.

I saw nothing yesterday that should worry England in their next four fixtures. Ireland were flattered by the scoreline because they could only penetrate a solid defence when the men in blue got tired. Scotland were tremendous but not quite good enough for the French - discipline let them down, and Mr Owens is the best ref in the world.

The Calcutta Cup (the only really important game) should be brilliant.

In sport you very often have to go two steps back to go three forward and with hindsight England getting thrashed by Wales two years ago was probably the best thing that could have happened to them - look at the difference in the way they came back from the initial Welsh onslaught this time.

What a difference day makes. On Friday morning the pundits were saying Wales v Ireland was going to be the championship decider. Now there's a real prospect of Wales getting the wooden spoon this year.

I saw nothing yesterday that should worry England in their next four fixtures. Ireland were flattered by the scoreline because they could only penetrate a solid defence when the men in blue got tired. Scotland were tremendous but not quite good enough for the French - discipline let them down, and Mr Owens is the best ref in the world.

The Calcutta Cup (the only really important game) should be brilliant.

That is the thing about sport is the vast difference in opinions on most Rugby Forums the opinion is that Owens was his normal inconsistent self sending off one player completely unnecessarly without any previous warning. IMO he is one of the worst referees with a far to big ego and opinion of himself Edited by cotswoldsman

That is the thing about sport is the vast difference in opinions on most Rugby Forums the opinion is that Owens was his normal inconsistent self sending off one player completely unnecessarly without any previous warning. IMO he is one of the worst referees with a far to big ego and opinion of himself

The Billy Bowden of rugby union?

That is the thing about sport is the vast difference in opinions on most Rugby Forums the opinion is that Owens was his normal inconsistent self sending off one player completely unnecessarly without any previous warning. IMO he is one of the worst referees with a far to big ego and opinion of himself

The referee is the sole arbiter of fact. If he saw something, that is what happened. If he didn't see it (and neither did his touch judges) then it did not happen. That is the basis for a civilised sport. I deplore the slight tendency in Rugby Union to imitate some other sports, but there is still a Law that says what the referee says, goes.

At grass roots level (which is what really matters) the referee's word is final. Long may it so continue.

The referee is the sole arbiter of fact. If he saw something, that is what happened. If he didn't see it (and neither did his touch judges) then it did not happen. That is the basis for a civilised sport. I deplore the slight tendency in Rugby Union to imitate some other sports, but there is still a Law that says what the referee says, goes.

At grass roots level (which is what really matters) the referee's word is final. Long may it so continue.

Wow!!! All very noble but that still does not make him a good referee

I agree that there were a few dubious decisions at weekend, not least the yellow card against Italy. In the England match there were poor decisions against both sides.

The reliance on a good ref is one of unions weaknesses particularly at grass roots level where you do get some terible ones. When I was coaching filling in the ref assesment card after the game could be tough some times and you had to remind yourself that they were giving their time for free, and no ref no match.

But anyway based on the three matches, england certainly looked the best, but if Wales sort out what the issue was I don't think you can write them off.

My daughter is married to a 40 + year old Welshman with dreadlocks(S'ok I'm recovering nicely)...hes sports fanatic and was Welsh water polo captain in lost games in Scotland...they didn't do very well. Anyway I waversmiley_offtopic.gif so apologies to collective brethren...what I mean to say is her suggestion of going to work draped in England flag post match met with.......!!!!!!!!judge.gifjudge.gifjudge.gifjudge.gifjudge.gifjudge.gifjudge.gif

Wow!!! All very noble but that still does not make him a good referee

We'll have to agree to differ there, John -- how do you feel about Wayne Barnes?

Sign in to follow this