Seized CAV fuel injection pump

Kieron G

Featured Posts

Hi, After some advice from those in the know if possible please. I've got a CV engine and gearbox in my container which used to be fitted in a boat on Salcombe estaury before it was broken up. One of the injection pumps is seized from being stood, i've stripped it down as far as i can and it's been submerged in diesel for a few months . The pump looks very similar to ones i've seen advertised for Lister and Enfield engines but there are differences with port orientation. I was just wandering if there might be a method to free it off. I was thinking about warming it up a bit in the oven next to my pizza.

• 4 weeks later...

Ok , collected the pumps from Peter slater and back on engine, were ready with in four days of dropping them off. £150 for the pair with new internals in both. He said the casings often wear but these were ok. Helpful guy and a good price i think. Thanks for the lead Hugh , Richard.