A127 Alternator Shaft thread

BEngo

Featured Posts

Does anyone know what the diameter/pitch is on an A127 shaft thread please? I am pretty sure it's some variety of M17 but can't remember whether it's M17 x 1.0 or M17 x 1.5, and I don't have the alternator handy to measure.

N

If its the end of the shafts thread that you have burred and are a bit handy and deft with files and the like a thread chaser file can be bought to clean it up. These have about eight different thread profiles to choose from. Got me out of trouble on numerous occasions. Or even a tiny metal razor saw to clean up the thread might do, these can be bought at model shops like the ones railway modellers use to cut track to size. If you have burred the end you will have to file a chamfer before a die will start anyway.

I'll hazard a guess that he's making a special pulley, which doesn't have room for the standard nut or one which screws on to the shaft.

Tim

If the alternator turns the wrong way for a right hand threaded pulley, it will keep dramatically spinning off. Locktite retainer might hold it or a blob of weld.