1.5 marine diesel engine plus spares

Ben0680

Featured Posts

Hi all I recently cleared a garage and came across a 1.5 marine diesel engine complete with a separate gearbox and a few gear box adapter plates plus spares for example a spare alternator a complete spare head and heat exchanger and a bowman heat exchanger header tank ? And was wondering if I could find a good home for this stuff as I'm short on storage and believe some of these bits are becoming hard to find only reason I registered on this forum is I googled bmc gearbox adapter plate and someone on hear was trying to find one so thought I'd post what I had and see if I can help anyone if needed I can take pics if required

Hi not sure what gearbox but has surface rust in it so would want TLC I shall try to post pics later of what I got I recently asked previous owner about engine they said it was rebuilt run up for several hours then just left in garage for approx 7 year so I assume the spare parts were acquired during rebuild I plugged battery starter pack on it and turns over fine but not sure how to bleed it to run it

• Greenie 1

View eBay ad number 231464067519 for pics of motor + parts + gearbox etc starting bid £250 for the lot

"What you see is what you get"

So does the gearbox include just the dogs two front feet, or the entire dog?

Does not look like a B type box as I remember them so must be an A type. I think there might be a vital part missing from the gearbox but the back view of the engine is hard to see properly. There should be a stub shaft stuck out the back of the flywheel with a gear/splines on the end of it and although there looks to be something there it does not look like the thing I think should be there. If I am correct then the box is useless apart from for spares and it may also explain why it is a set of bits rather than a working lump. I also do not remember every seeing a marine flywheel housing like that with big holes in it. All those I have seen also carry the rear ENGINE mounting feet.

Looks like a failed DIY marinisation project to me. Buyer beware if you want anything other than the engine or the box for parts.

I also do not remember every seeing a marine flywheel housing like that with big holes in it. All those I have seen also carry the rear ENGINE mounting feet.

It look very much like a Lister SR type adapter fitted the wrong way round

Richard

Does not look like a B type box as I remember them so must be an A type. I think there might be a vital part missing from the gearbox but the back view of the engine is hard to see properly. There should be a stub shaft stuck out the back of the flywheel with a gear/splines on the end of it and although there looks to be something there it does not look like the thing I think should be there. If I am correct then the box is useless apart from for spares and it may also explain why it is a set of bits rather than a working lump. I also do not remember every seeing a marine flywheel housing like that with big holes in it. All those I have seen also carry the rear ENGINE mounting feet.

Looks like a failed DIY marinisation project to me. Buyer beware if you want anything other than the engine or the box for parts.

Interpreting the photos, the engine has the open, fan type adapter fitted. That bolts onto the sheet steel diaphragm leaning against the wall which has the input shaft in it. The diaphragm is also fitted with bolts for the gearbox. There is also a blue adapter for one of the more common types of gearbox (Hurth, ZF, PRM) and a yellow one. Then a whole bunch of stuff including the raw water pump and a hydraulic pump

Richard

As I have stated it was a garage clearance for which I do not know much about as is sold as spares or repair any info to help anyone is much appreciated and there is a plate with the bits with mounts as a one piece plate there is also a heavy plate with a small cog on one side