Enforcement- consistency of

Ricco1

Featured Posts

No. But in this thread, Mr Wingfield was overstaying due to a broken ankle, but in the other thread it was due to flooding. Unlucky man.

To quote from Oscar Wilde;

"To lose one parent may be regarded as a misfortune; to lose both looks like carelessness"

Why on earth are some people lives so empty that they have time to worry what other people are doing . I've been busy today and went to the pub and had my tea and a couple of pints of cider . I'm feeling mellow , I don't care what anybody else is doing . I'm happy .

Would you grumble if people didn't care what you thought?

have I touched a nerve Higgs ?

I'm a bit fed up of the endless divisive arguments on here. I don't suppose many on here give a flying fig what I think and plenty disagree. It's to be expected. It's just life.

Just one of those things. I get the hump, like you do. It'll pass. smile.png

Anticipating a lack of honesty in folks that you don't even know by making assumptions yourself . . . . sounds rather like judging others by your own standards.

Dishonesty doesn't come into it, I don't ask boaters if they've had letters, it's none of my business. But I oft speak to boaters who passed through our area and then announce, 'somebody must do something this is disgusting!' Because the boats are always here and they can't see any tickets or visible evidence.

Well, every boat that has been here like that seems to have been enforced. Two now have moorings, one was sold, one went to court and was removed. There is only one overstaying boat left ( owner is ill, Ive been told). But if you're only passing through and you haven't heard the towpath telegraph, it looks like you can stay here two years and CRT won't do anything.

This is the whole problem in a nutshell . Just passing through doesn't give you an accurate picture of the situation . A popular spot will be busy but the cast of boats will differ from day to day .

Thus also shows the problems for enforcement . If you make a regular stop somewhere and it coincides with the enforcers visit then you will appear to have overstayed. Add in fat thumb thyndrome when in putting data and the possibility that the boat is facing in the other direction than it was last time it was logged and your accuracy of information is up a gum tree without a paddle ( yes it's that daft)

Volunteers with an agenda , personal dislike and prejudice into the mix , what a can of wrigglers.

Nothing is simple . Cotswoldman has experienced the possibility of errors in the system as described in a previous thread.