WARNING - CRT licence computer telling lies

Tony Brooks

Featured Posts

Sorry to resurrect an old post, but out of curiosity, have just entered our index number into CRT's online checker. This is the result.

"Our system does not recognise this boat. You can submit a sighting report by completing the form below to help our enforcement efforts."

Our boat is licenced until the years end and passed the BSS last month.

Somewhat concerned and surely a breach of data protection?

After your post I have just checked our fully licensed boat.

Same result.

I don't think IT is CRT's strongest skills set.

We left Crick a few weeks ago and are now in Cheshire. We know we have been "checked" at least twice, so interested in just what records are held about us. As has been said before, if they are collecting data, it must be correct and patently,something is very wrong.

HHHMMMM just checked mine and it says the same thing. But I checked mine a couple of weeks ago, in response to another thread on here. and at that time it said, "This boat is licenced. Maybe the owner has forgotten to display the licence" or very similar words. So it would appear that the system has gone down in last few weeks because it was working okay. My boat is licenced till April 2016.

They may well be updating it. They have a new system coming in, so it could well be something to do with that.

They ought not to leave up a page that is wrongly reporting bpoats as unlicensed, even so.

I have just reported myself, having first ensured that the licence in the window is current!

• Greenie 2

HHHMMMM just checked mine and it says the same thing. But I checked mine a couple of weeks ago, in response to another thread on here. and at that time it said, "This boat is licenced. Maybe the owner has forgotten to display the licence" or very similar words. So it would appear that the system has gone down in last few weeks because it was working okay. My boat is licenced till April 2016.

Checked ours when the Boaters' Update came out, and it was ok; however, I have just reported ourselves and told them we are licenced

I think Alan makes a pertinent point. If for any reason the site is subject to maintainance or update and therefore not operating, a banner should be in place for the duration. That it does not announce this and therefore lead to incorrect data, is concerning.

I am not a CRT knocker, but their IT is pants.

Worked for me. The message about forgetting to display is a presumption that the person checking has seen a boat with no licence, not that it is someone from cwf messing about testing the system.