Oops Betty it's done a whoopsie!!

Happy Bachelor

Featured Posts

The time has come to have a rant and get this off my chest!

Now then I love dogs and I also like most of their guardians some that I see I adore from afar. However there are some that quite frankly I could follow to their home and stoop on their doorstep!

More and more our towpaths are being degrigated by little whoopsie parcels left to tread in while mooring or just out for a stroll, there is nothing worse! These days it's hard to take in the wonder of our great countryside as one is constantly looking down for fear of treading in a pile of poop.

And what is this latest craze of decorating the trees with little bags full of the stuff or just discarding it in the hedge.

My dear dog owners and you know who you are please have some respect and clear your doggie whoopsie away in the bins provided.

This of course is aimed at a small minority of owners not the vast majority of responsible owners however I make no apology if you are an offender and feel offended.

Rant over thanks for listening Gary NB The Happy Bachelor. ??

Edited by Happy Bachelor
  • Greenie 1

I am in a marina where dogs are supposed to be on leads .Now with these extending leads it shouldn't be a problem .

So why have I a non dog owner had two deposits near my boat.

I have had dogs and I used nappy sacks to clear up after them .

Now then I love dogs and I also like most of their guardians some that I see I adore from afar. However there are some that quite frankly I could follow to their home and stoop on their doorstep!

More and more our towpaths are being degrigated by little whoopsie parcels left to tread in while mooring or just out for a stroll, there is nothing worse! These days it's hard to take in the wonder of our great countryside as one is constantly looking down for fear of treading in a pile of poop.

And what is this latest craze of decorating the trees with little bags full of the stuff or just discarding it in the hedge.

My dear dog owners and you know who you are please have some respect and clear your doggie whoopsie away in the bins provided.

This of course is aimed at a small minority of owners not the vast majority of responsible owners however I make no apology if you are an offender and feel offended.

Rant over thanks for listening Gary NB The Happy Bachelor.

I cant see how it can be a small minority responsible , far too much of it left as its dropped by the animal for just a small minority of owners to be to blame , so then those that pretend to be responsible , they pick it up and bag it if they think someone is watching but then dump the bags in the trees or the hedges or even the waterway , so not exactly responsible owners , we are left with a small minority that clean it up ,bag it and then bin it .

Some of the scum owners are out with 2 or 3 dogs loose off the lead with no interest , in fact complete disinterest about the dogs fouling .

I cant see how it can be a small minority responsible , far too much of it left as its dropped by the animal for just a small minority of owners to be to blame , so then those that pretend to be responsible , they pick it up and bag it if they think someone is watching but then dump the bags in the trees or the hedges or even the waterway , so not exactly responsible owners , we are left with a small minority that clean it up ,bag it and then bin it .

Some of the scum owners are out with 2 or 3 dogs loose off the lead with no interest , in fact complete disinterest about the dogs fouling .

I agree my point was to give Benefit of doubt and stay as polite as possible so as not to offend even though it annoys the hell out of me. Really I would like my bark to be louder than my bite. Keeping good karma these days. ?

Maybe this should be a sticky thread pardon the pun! To try and encourage change not that the forum members would stoop to such behaviour.

That would be a bit like having dog poo bins at key locations along with signs making it clear you should clean up after your dog, equally pointless.

Irresponsible dog owners will be irresponsible no matter what.

i believe the majority of offenders are non boater's, for example there is a lady from the village that walks this towpath twice a day with 3 dog's off lead's, how can she possibly see if they have pooped behind her.

It really pi$$es me off when there is a great long towpath out there and the dog craps right outside your cratch where you put your first foot out!

If I catch an owner letting their dog do this and not collecting, they will be collecting on the back of their head.

If I see a dog owner not picking up after their dog, I ask them nicely if they have forgotten their poo bags and I give them one of mine. They feel obliged to take it and use it and it makes me smile as I am fairly certain they had no intention of picking up :-) I always sympathise and say how easy it is to run out of poo bags.

haggis

• Greenie 2

If I see a dog owner not picking up after their dog, I ask them nicely if they have forgotten their poo bags and I give them one of mine. They feel obliged to take it and use it and it makes me smile as I am fairly certain they had no intention of picking up :-) I always sympathise and say how easy it is to run out of poo bags.

haggis

Love that :) I will try it.

I am not sure why people decorate trees and bushes with bags of doggy do's.

Someone told me that they push bags in bottom of hedges because they are biodegradable...so that may explain the discarded bags under bushes...revolting since takes long time for all to rot down.

There will always be irresponsible owners, the responsible ones clean up after their dogs.

I ensure I have plenty of bags and I also offer them as it seems some people just forget??

If there are heaps where I feel its plain disgusting if kiddies are about I will clean up after other peoples dogs.

Some bins though are so full that no more bags will go in.

In Wales they supply bags near bins so there is no excuse for anyone...and they are decent sturdy bags.

I am not sure why people decorate trees and bushes with bags of doggy do's.

Someone told me that they push bags in bottom of hedges because they are biodegradable...so that may explain the discarded bags under bushes...revolting since takes long time for all to rot down.

There will always be irresponsible owners, the responsible ones clean up after their dogs.

I ensure I have plenty of bags and I also offer them as it seems some people just forget??

If there are heaps where I feel its plain disgusting if kiddies are about I will clean up after other peoples dogs.

Some bins though are so full that no more bags will go in.

In Wales they supply bags near bins so there is no excuse for anyone...and they are decent sturdy bags.

My partner is always cleaning up after other peoples dogs. Wherever we moor she will go and clean the towpath beside the boat, she doesn't enjoy risking it getting brought into the boat.

I wonder if BettieBoo's ears are burning...

They were Stary :)

i seen the title and first thought was "oh bu**er bo***cks" what have I done now?

Then read the first post and thought...not me YEAH ... but I do emphasize with the OP I stepped in some dog doo once as we were mooring up, but thankfully realized it before it got tracked inside the boat.

haggis

I do that as well. On one occasion the dsquatted to do his/her business at a lock crowded with gongoozlers. She admonished the dog loudly because she couldn't possibly clear it up as she had no poo bags. "Oh have one of mine" says I. The strained smile was not one of true thanks and she proved how rarely (if ever) she clears up after her dog by her ineptitude with the bag which led to poo on the inside and outside of the bag and on her hand.

Edited to replace dig with dog :)

Edited by Ange

Aren't we lucky people don't take their pet cow for a walk :-)

I walk regularly in a local country park. There is a concrete path running through the middle and dog walkers regularly bag up the poop and leave it 'to pick up later on the way back'.

This has led to 2 consequences:

a.) there is a very eager do-gooder (ex-marine commando) who patrols the path and leaves labels attached to the bags which are supposed to make the poop leavers feel guilty.

b.) people who bag the poop and carry it until they find a bin have been advised by other walkers to 'leave it down, because the council rangers will come through in their little truck and collect it'. Obviously there are poop fairies after all, because the well-meaning rangers exceed their brief and do just that.

Edited by Murflynn

All the pleas and reminders in the world will not change the idiots who are just too lazy or couldn't give a damn. I was moored up in Polesworth the other day chatting to another boater and a dog off the lead dumped near our boats. My neighbour said to the owner "not sure if you saw that but your dog pooped back there". "So" says the owner. "Well aren't you going to clean it up?". "I will get it on my way back". 10 minutes later the dog owner returns and walks straight past the mess. "Excuse me" says my neighbour, "I thought you were going to clean that up". The bloke looks over his shoulder, says nothing and walks on.

The only thing that might change these selfish irresponsible jerks is to increase the fines astronomically and then punish the offenders (easier said than done I appreciate).