Diesel Prices

Marco_mark

Featured Posts

Considering current oil prices I was wondering if red diesel is going to get cheaper ?? No changes in London so far, still 90p/l

Did anyone observe any price changes elsewhere ?

My guess would be that because of slower turnover of red it will take some time for prices to fall than at a roadside retailers selling white. Some will still be selling stuff they bought at a much higher price don't forget so will need to recoup what they actually paid.

In contrast road side retailers and supermarkets can react to the market much quicker.

There are some prices of red referred to in a thread I started a few days ago.

http://www.canalworld.net/forums/index.php?showtopic=72945&hl=

Edited by The Dog House

smiley_offtopic.gif listening to the radio today with fuel prices dropping then prices for lots of items will drop .

The danger is if people do not buy but wait for prices to drop lower then we can go into deflation as happened in Japan .

ditchcrawler, on 15 Jan 2015 - 1:57 PM, said:

And it was 1000 lt +VAT about the right price I would say

And - as the delivery was less than 2300 litres the VAT was only 5% (deliveries of 2301 litres and above the VAT rate is 20%), so the gross price was 50.93p per litre

Edit to add the answers before the question is asked :

VAT Notice 701/19 : Fuel & Power

6.1.1 Supplies of small - de minimis - quantities

Although supplies of fuel oil, gas oil or kerosene for a qualifying use are subject to the reduced rate, all supplies of not more than 2,300 litres of fuel oil, gas oil or kerosene are subject to the reduced rate regardless of use.

Edited by Alan de Enfield

smiley_offtopic.gif listening to the radio today with fuel prices dropping then prices for lots of items will drop .

The danger is if people do not buy but wait for prices to drop lower then we can go into deflation as happened in Japan .

Given some of the posts on this thread that looks like it's happening already!

smiley_offtopic.gif

With the Swiss central bank announcing interest rates at -0.75% (minus 0.75%) that means you have to pay the bank to hold your money.

Inflation / Deflation - anything can happen

smiley_offtopic.gif

With the Swiss central bank announcing interest rates at -0.75% (minus 0.75%) that means you have to pay the bank to hold your money.

Inflation / Deflation - anything can happen

A possibility.

I do not understand economics. The financial institutions do not want my savings but they are happy to charge mortgages at minimal rates (<5%) to existing borrowers. Surely, what is needed is a mechanism that encourages the investment of the many small savers to release that money to those attempting to get on the housing ladder at a sensible rate?

The longer this situation persists, the richer the fat cats and the poorer the young and old. Eventually, 10% of the population will have 90% of the wealth and most of us will be reduced to the serfdom of the middle ages. Expensive TV advertising suggests that many who cannot afford the repayments are taking loans at more than two thousand percent APR.

This is worse than the crises of the 20s and 30s and more worrying than the Cold War period. Previous UK governments created social housing outside their area; e.g. the LCC with the Norbury and New Addiscombe estates. Today our fat-cat MPs would rather feather their own nest than attempt to provide adequate living conditions for the majority.

Alan

Edited by Alan Saunders

I do not understand economics. The financial institutions do not want my savings but they are happy to charge mortgages at minimal rates (<5%) to existing borrowers. Surely, what is needed is a mechanism that encourages the investment of the many small savers to release that money to those attempting to get on the housing ladder at a sensible rate?

The longer this situation persists, the richer the fat cats and the poorer the young and old. Eventually, 10% of the population will have 90% of the wealth and most of us will be reduced to the serfdom of the middle ages.

This is worse than the crises of the 20s and 30s and more worrying than the Cold War period. Previous UK governments created social housing outside their area; e.g. the LCC with the Norbury and New Addiscombe estates. Today our fat-cat MPs would rather feather their own nest than attempt to provide adequate living conditions for the majority.

Alan

The problem is that that the financial institutions don't need your money when the Gidiot is handing them taxpayers money with his help my mates help to buy schemes which just push up the prices of housing. People seem to think that this financially illiterate Chancellor knows what he is doing wacko.png . Not saying that any of the others are any better, but none of them are actually any worse either.

The longer this situation persists, the richer the fat cats and the poorer the young and old. Eventually, 10% of the population will have 90% of the wealth and most of us will be reduced to the serfdom of the middle ages. Expensive TV advertising suggests that many who cannot afford the repayments are taking loans at more than two thousand percent APR.

Alan

Yup glad somebody agrees with me.

I would recommend reading "Harry's Last Stand," By Harry Leslie Smith, a 92 year young author. Superb read.

Turners at Wheaton Aston, diesel was 63.9p on Wednesday, the fuel Rep. was in the office at the time.

Apparently from next Monday it is going up 1.5p

He knows something the government doesn't then about oil prices, or maybe he is just trying to shift the stock he has at the moment in case it drops more and he loses money.

He knows something the government doesn't then about oil prices, or maybe he is just trying to shift the stock he has at the moment in case it drops more and he loses money.

They were ordering a delivery for Friday at the pre increase price, deliveries after that will be at the new price.

Selling 7000 to 8000 litres a week in the winter I don't think they worry too much about having the price their stock drop.

I have no connection with them other than as a customer, just what they told me.

Edited by Roger Crown