Squirel boat move review?

Micha Cook

Featured Posts

Hello hello, just in the process of organising a boat move with Jason from Squirrel Transport :) Recommended by Doug and he has been incredibly kind and helpful and it's finally looking like we're going to get on the water! Wondering, though, if anyone has any experience with the service? Asking as we have a small narrowboat (water bug) with a flat bottom and a lot of the photos are yachts and haven't found any particulars in that regard.

Thank you!

Shouldn't you have asked the question before organising the move? Just asking....

In the process and it's all looking very good :) Just based on my last experience with the forum, in realising how much I hadn't considered, I thought I'd ask :)

If they're used to transporting deep keel, drop keel, bilge keel or centreboard yachts a Springer Waterbug should be a doddle for them. closedeyes.gif

Okay thank you!

Hi

Last June we had our boat transported by road from lancaster to York & like yourself I was nervouse hoping everything would be ok everything went like clockwork the marine personnel ,haulage people were all great, they are used to it.

I did use transport which had been recommended by forum members (thanks again members)

Must say I loved seeing the boat arrive & being launch in the water at York ( loads of photos).

Easy To say but don't worry just relax let them get on with it & enjoy ?

Edited by Alan&sue

Hi

Last June we had our boat transported by road from lancaster to York & like yourself I was nervouse hoping everything would be ok everything went like clockwork the marine personnel ,haulage people were all great, they are used to it.

I did use transport which had been recommended by forum members (thanks again members)

Must say I loved seeing the boat arrive & being launch in the water at York ( loads of photos).

Easy To say but don't worry just relax let them get on with it & enjoy

Hi, We used Tuckeys when we moved our widebeam for launch a couple of years ago and they were great. Rgds Phil

Thank you all, will give Tuckeys a call tomorrow morning to get a comparable quote

Regardless, from our experience thus far I'd highly recommend speaking to Jason! Very helpful in finding ways to make the cost cheaper (avoiding Low Emission Zone), talking to the marinas to arrange the collection/delivery times and requirements and finding best place to launch. Will report back after all has been said and done :)