Richard Parry's trip on Coalboat Roach

andywatson

Featured Posts

John Jackson, the operator of Coalboat Roach is well known for being a forthright character.

His blog (see link) describes his positive impression of Mr Parry when he took the trouble to work with him for a day.

http://www.coalboat.co.uk/blog/index.html

Edited by andywatson

A positive report from John Jackson, I felt, and as you suggest I doubt the kind of person who is going to put any "spin" when posting such a blog entry, so this seems encouraging.

Can we possibly have imagined Robin Evans steering a loaded working boat for a day? :lol:

We've met Richard Parry on several occasions and we agree with John he is very approachable and does listen without interrupting you when you speak. And what's really nice is the next time he meets you he remembers your name! To us that speaks volumes about the man as he must meet so many people in his line of work.

We also had the pleasure of Richards company for a day going North emptyish on the Southern Oxford with the Narrowboat Trust pair, He had a go at everything ( and did well ) and while waiting at locks if he was not busy with us he took every chance to chat with other boaters.

I saw him a few months later - was instantly recognised and addressed by my correct christian name.

We've met Richard Parry on several occasions and we agree with John he is very approachable and does listen without interrupting you when you speak. And what's really nice is the next time he meets you he remembers your name! To us that speaks volumes about the man as he must meet so many people in his line of work.

We also had the pleasure of Richards company for a day going North emptyish on the Southern Oxford with the Narrowboat Trust pair, He had a go at everything ( and did well ) and while waiting at locks if he was not busy with us he took every chance to chat with other boaters.

I saw him a few months later - was instantly recognised and addressed by my correct christian name.

Sounds like one of the 'good guys'. I think somebody who can connect with people at the same level will do well..

I'm on Facebook and hadn't come across it which is why I put it on here.

It's hardly ancient news, or a fast developing story.

Additionally the whole blog is of interest.

I have never met Mr Parry so I tend to form my opinions on him based on first hand observations of those I trust or respect. So far this has been positive.

Edited by andywatson
  • Greenie 1

I have never met Mr Parry so I tend to form my opinions on him based on first hand observations of those I trust or respect. So far this has been positive.

Dear Mr Watson,

We have carefully considered your application for a post writing for Narrow Boat World.

I am sorry to tell you you do not meet our required criteria.

Yours sincerely,

Victor.

• Greenie 2