Pumpout boat Southern Grand Union

serenility

Featured Posts

It's £15 whatever. My tank is huge but Warren doesn't charge me any more whether it's full or half full when he comes. And I second that he does a really thorough job.

I'm with you Junior, I've heard of places having two prices, one for skinny boats and one for WB's. But never seen it based on how much is actually pumped out.

Saltisford charged me double once based on the size of the tank (but not the time before). I never went back there. Edited by BlueStringPudding

His name is Warren and contact # is 07779 114956, £15.00 for our last pump out and did a fab job. We just seen him go past yesterday neading north from Hemel Hempstead. Boat name is Picot I think

Hope that helps

Thanks Bettie will give him a call

Ian

It's £15 whatever. My tank is huge but Warren doesn't charge me any more whether it's full or half full when he comes. And I second that he does a really thorough job.

Saltisford charged me double once based on the size of the tank (but not the time before). I never went back there.

So it worked! :-)

What?

If you are referring to my post, I didn't mean to be rude. If there is a fixed charge for a pump-out, based on an average sized tank, and somebody comes along with a much bigger tank, then the pump-out provider stands to lose money.

By charging double, he either makes a profit, or he doesn't see you again, which means he doesn't lose money. So it's the correct strategy for his business. Not so convenient for you, but you are usually the winner with a big tank.

Good, because I took it as rude.

It's a crap strategy for his business though, because not only did I not go back, I never recommend Saltisford's services to anyone when I was in the area, told many a boater about the attitude of the person serving me, and probably lost him some custom in the process, and I have just criticised his business off publicly! It would make a lot more sense to either be consistent and tell me the first couple of times I went there rather than change his "policy" and suddenly double the price - or better still, to ask about the size of the tank and be honest up front. Or even when partway through the pumpout, if he noticed it takes longer than other people's to say that he would want to charge for two pumpouts, rather than reveal it at the till. He was very rude in the way he went about it and his tone. I have been all over the country in my boat over 8 years, and never experienced the double charge anywhere else. Nor the lack of customer service.

So if you think that rudeness, double-charging and inconsistency is "correct business strategy" then I'm rather glad you don't do my job - which incidentally is all about business strategy!

Edited by BlueStringPudding

Good, because I took it as rude.

It's a crap strategy for his business though, because not only did I not go back, I never recommend Saltisford's services to anyone when I was in the area, told many a boater about the attitude of the person serving me, and probably lost him some custom in the process, and I have just criticised his business off publicly! It would make a lot more sense to either be consistent and tell me the first couple of times I went there rather than change his "policy" and suddenly double the price - or better still, to ask about the size of the tank and be honest up front. Or even when partway through the pumpout, if he noticed it takes longer than other people's to say that he would want to charge for two pumpouts, rather than reveal it at the till. He was very rude in the way he went about it and his tone. I have been all over the country in my boat over 8 years, and never experienced the double charge anywhere else. Nor the lack of customer service.

So if you think that rudeness, double-charging and inconsistency is "correct business strategy" then I'm rather glad you don't do my job - which incidentally is all about business strategy!

Yes, but you didn't say any of that in your original post, did you? So claiming that I think being rude is a good business strategy is way off the mark. In fact, it's rude!