CC in Cambridge area

Homer 123

Featured Posts

Do check with environment agency as not CRT

So, as Continuous Cruising is a description of one of the ways of complying with a CRT license, strictly speaking it is impossible

Fade to Scarlet or Moominpapa will be able to advise, they moor out that way

Richard

Edited by RLWP

Ah I've seen boats with gold licenses and wondered what they were!

So it seems that a permanent mooring is required and they're probably impossible to get?

You dont need a permanent mooring for a gold Licence but a gold licence wont get you to Cambridge, that's the camcon http://www.camconservancy.org/

I'm in the Cathedral marina. It's a bit hard to tell if if is full, as lots of the boats have been craned out for the winter. I would give them a call:

http://www.jalsea.co.uk/ely_marine.htm

There are a good number of narrow boats there, and also full facilities, and it's a lovely little City IMHO.

All the other moorings in Ely are 48 hours, although the local authority that own and manage them have some problems with their byelaws at the moment that I don't quite understand.

Edited by Scholar Gypsy

I'm in the Cathedral marina. It's a bit hard to tell if if is full, as lots of the boats have been craned out for the winter. I would give them a call:

http://www.jalsea.co.uk/ely_marine.htm

There are a good number of narrow boats there, and also full facilities, and it's a lovely little City IMHO.

All the other moorings in Ely are 48 hours, although the local authority that own and manage them have some problems with their byelaws at the moment that I don't quite understand.

Didn't you get a questionnaire? I did from GOBA

Didn't you get a questionnaire? I did from GOBA

Yes, I did - I see the consultation is still open for another fortnight: link here.

The legal situation does appear a little opaque - not unusual - which is why I said I didn't quite understand....

Edited to add: I have now read this paper (courtesy of a link on the GOBA website) which does explain the legal position fully (see para 3.17).

Edited by Scholar Gypsy

If you moor on the Middle Levels you can get fairly close to Cambridge and you won't need a licence. For example, March has a regular train service to Cantab, journey time 32 minutes from memory. There is a good marina there, Fox's, who (I think) accept liveaboards as I know a few who moor, or have moored, there).

Bill Fen Marina in Ramsey also worth considering.. Pretty cheap, I'd say!!

To CC would be tricky - GOBA moorings are generally 48 hr, and visitor moorings few and far between.

Also consider the Lazy Otter at Streatham (limited moorings, but great place - Used to moor there myself), and just a mile up the Old West at near Streatham Pump is a bunch of new online moorings - don't know the farmer's name, but worth asking. Streatham is about 10 miles north of Cambridge on the A10.

Moorings at Brandon Creek probably not too bad to commute to Cambridge from either.

Then there is 20 pence marina near Cottenham, the Marina at 5 Miles From Anywhere pub, Upwell, and also some nice EA moorings at Upwell.

Even then, it would be fairly simple to commute from Oundle Marina, Thrapston (new moorings here), or St Ives (big marina), Earith (small marina).

Or How about the Stort / Lee??

Then there is the Marina at 5 Miles From Anywhere pub, Upwell, and also some nice EA moorings at Upwell.

Oh no there isn't. I live in Upwell and have never seen either of these features. Upwell, in any case, is not on EA waters, it's on the Middle Levels.

There is a place not too far away, but which I have never visited, called Upware. Perhaps that's where these moorings are?