Narrow boat hire company list ?

jacko264

Featured Posts

Hi All

It's that time of the year when we start looking to hire a boat, we would like to do the Avon or the Stourport ring's

The thing is we don't have a clue which hire company to go with

We need a 5/6 berth about 60ft long boat

for 14 nights

Can anyone help us on this problem

Or is there a list of hire company's we can look though

Thank you

Graham

The easiest way to find the suitable hire firms on or very near to the route, is to buy the relevant Pearson guides. At the back of the book, there is a list of contact details for all the hire firms on the canals covered by the book. There may be other hire firms near the route too - might need 2 or more books to fully cover all the options.

Hi All

It's that time of the year when we start looking to hire a boat, we would like to do the Avon or the Stourport ring's

The thing is we don't have a clue which hire company to go with

We need a 5/6 berth about 60ft long boat

for 14 nights

Can anyone help us on this problem

Or is there a list of hire company's we can look though

Thank you

Graham

Have a look here-

http://www.canaljunction.com/holidays/index.htm

You can select your area and it will bring up a link to companies plying their trade there.

Edited by The Dog House

From my experience you'll pay more with them than going direct to the hire companies.

I was just suggesting them as a place to find hire companies in the area that the OPis looking to hire. You can google them from that and go direct once you have a shortlist

From my experience you'll pay more with them than going direct to the hire companies.

That is interesting because when we once enquired of a company affiliated to Hoseasons if we would get the holiday cheaper by booking the following year direct with them we were told that they whilst they were able to accept bookings direct they were not allowed to sell the same holiday cheaper than what Hoseasons would sell it for.

I presume though they did make a bit on direct bookings by perhaps Hoseasons not getting their 'cut'.

• 3 weeks later...