No water getting through water pump - any ideas?

RosieP

Featured Posts

Hi,

I've started a new topic as I had originally asked for advice about a burst pipe but now after some helpful advice I've found that isn't the problem its the water pump - water is going into the pump but nothing is coming out, despite the pump being activated.

You can guess my next question - what is likely to be wrong with the pump? It is a SHURflo diaphragm pump - Aqua King. Looks to be 6 years old. The problem is now occurring after leaving the boat cold and drained for a week in freezing conditions.

It has recently been playing up - takes about 5 seconds from tap opening to pump kicking in. It was getting so bad we had to start running bath tap (which is lower) in order to get water out of the kitchen tap. We are in a soft water area so possible limescale build up.

All ideas would be very much appreciated.

Thanks

Yes check the filter/strainer almost certainly the problem. The couple on the boat next to ours had exactly the same issue and when I removed the filter it was clogged with rust particles from when they drained the tank. It doesn't take much to block the filter.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...