Licensing

Machpoint005

Featured Posts

Just a quick word of praise for the CRT system. I've just relicensed the boat online (expiry Dec 2014) and it took all of two minutes. The system is very clear and works well.

Well done to all concerned.

It's not that good, you need your renewal letter because it has a special number that you have to enter. The whole system falls down if you have not got this reminder letter.

Why can't you just enter the reg number and name of the boat,

:(

• Greenie 1

Just a quick word of praise for the CRT system. I've just relicensed the boat online (expiry Dec 2014) and it took all of two minutes. The system is very clear and works well.

Well done to all concerned.

Did you notice anything about whether they'll be sending you licence 'discs' to display, or if you need to print your own?

MtB

It's not that good, you need your renewal letter because it has a special number that you have to enter. The whole system falls down if you have not got this reminder letter.

sad.png

Mad isn't it?

I imagine the reason would be they don't want people running around renewing licences willy-nilly on boats they don't own. Imagine how often THAT would happen if they didn't have some mechanism to stop it.

MtB

• Greenie 1

Did you notice anything about whether they'll be sending you licence 'discs' to display, or if you need to print your own?

MtB

Mad isn't it?

I imagine the reason would be they don't want people running around renewing licences willy-nilly on boats they don't own. Imagine how often THAT would happen if they didn't have some mechanism to stop it.

MtB

They have sent me two licence discs to put in the windows.

I was trying to buy all the licences at our moorings as a Xmas present,

wub.png

sad.png

Bloody hell, glass half empty or what?

Not arsed, Mike - I know I've paid, so not my problem.

Nor me particularly, but come January nor do I really want other boaters thinking I've not paid though.

MtB

When we got our first license we had to wait over 5 weeks for it although we were on the "system" as paid and the nice lady in the office said not to worry about it :)

I found it quite amusing that the self apointed police/know all/curtain twitching types were muttering about the unlicensed boat.....If they had bothered to engage in conversation they might have found out the truth.

Don't really care what others think TBH, but if they ask they might even learn something ;)

Applied on-line 5th Dec, queried non arrival of "discs" the reply I got was,

"I'm really sorry but it looks like there was a problem with the online renewals system when you paid. We have the payment showing on your account but it doesn't look like the discs have actually been posted yet.

I have asked out boat licensing team to push this through manually for you so you should receive the discs very soon. In the meantime we can see from our systems that your boat is licensed so please ignore any further automatically generated reminder letters you are sent."

So may get the paperwork eventually !

Edited by Alf27