Strawberry Orange Banana Lime Leaf Slate Sky Blueberry Grape Watermelon Chocolate Marble
Strawberry Orange Banana Lime Leaf Slate Sky Blueberry Grape Watermelon Chocolate Marble

NEW: Following member feedback, we now have a Mooring & Marina Review forum. Post your review here.

Sign in to follow this  
magnetman

Is this forum full of anarchists ?

Featured Posts

I don't think that many members actually give away their political leanings, and those who seem to be for a society with fewer rules I suspect don't really know what "anarchy/anarchism" is, they would probably more likely call themselves "non political". Even anarchism demands that you have a certain set of beliefs and opinions, most people don't seem to believe in anything these days.

We had a road cone in our garage called 'Kevin' for years.

Missapropriated by one of our daughters on a night out,

does that make them 'anarchisists'?

And a lot of naïve peeps who think life on the cut would be better without CRT enforcing 'The Rules'.

MtB

A line has to be drawn by rules but you still need discretion. Isn't that what the judge and jury are there for....hopefully we all use discretion before it goes to court. Do we report everyone we see who speeds?

I disagree. I'm SURE I get a vote, once in a while.

MtB

If voting made a difference, they wouldn't allow us to do it. (roughly a quote by someone I can't remember.)

A line has to be drawn by rules but you still need discretion. Isn't that what the judge and jury are there for....hopefully we all use discretion before it goes to court. Do we report everyone we see who speeds?

I don't report them but I give them a clear 'hand signal' indication they are speeding through our village when out walking the dog.

The whole point of anarchism is you don't draw a line. Anything goes.

Once you have a rule with enforcement, you no longer have anarchism, you have something else. Dunno what's it's called though!

MtB

I don't report them but I give them a clear 'hand signal' indication they are speeding through our village when out walking the dog.

One of my neighbours had a more subversive way, he would just walk out into the road.

Richard

People speed in your village when out walking the dog?

Surely drugs like that are illegal...

MtB

You vote for the next dictator, as the last load of prime ministers have proven.

Once in the electorate are forgotten.

How true.

One of my neighbours had a more subversive way, he would just walk out into the road.

Richard

Mmmm... At the speed some come through I wouldn't want to attempt that.....

I don't think that many members actually give away their political leanings, and those who seem to be for a society with fewer rules I suspect don't really know what "anarchy/anarchism" is, they would probably more likely call themselves "non political". Even anarchism demands that you have a certain set of beliefs and opinions, most people don't seem to believe in anything these days.

[/quote)

Sadly, its the mainstream politicians who don't seem to believe in anything these days. Principals and moral beliefs are pretty much absent, just a fading faith in the market as the means to provide everything society needs in spite of all the evidence to the contrary.

Edited by Bee

[/quote)

Sadly, its the mainstream politicians who don't seem to believe in anything these days. Principals and moral beliefs are pretty much absent, just a fading faith in the market as the means to provide everything society needs in spite of all the evidence to the contrary.

I know what you mean, but they do believe in one thing very strongly: Feathering their own nests.

Principles are absent, as you say.

People speed in your village when out walking the dog?

Surely drugs like that are illegal...

MtB

Aye, the fastest ones seem to drive Scoobys and wear huddies......

Sadly its the politicians who don't believe in anything these days, both main parties are bereft of principals and morals and just rely on 'The Market' to provide all the needs of society.

If it wasn't for those who questioned the 'rules' throughout history we might not be having this discussion...this is where I think the heart cuts in when the mind fails...

I tend to think we get the politicians we deserve.

well put smile.png

eta this is a response to CWF member "Wanted"

"Wanted" is a very strange member, one of only two people on my "ignore" list. I'm guessing he is fairly young, early 20's maybe. He certainly does come across- to me anyway- as very immature and naive.

• Greenie 2

I used to be involved in an anarchist social club, it's tedious how many people then say "oh, chucking bombs were you".

The vast majority of people I knew there were pacifists.

To me, it's about people taking personal responsibility for their actions, doing the right thing because it is the right thing, not because of a threat of force.

Obviously it's impossible to flick a switch and end up in an anarchist utopia such as found in "Look to Windward" by Iain M Banks, but I'd love us to move in that direction.

There is a surprising amount of anarchy (as I understand it) in the UK today. In the small rural community I grew up in I think people basically acted as they saw fit - there were no police around anyway. Also, offshore sailing is pretty much unregulated, but you rarely get dicks navigating with a road atlas and putting people in danger, cos it's the wrong thing to do. There is no punishment for it.

"Wanted" is a very strange member, one of only two people on my "ignore" list. I'm guessing he is fairly young, early 20's maybe. He certainly does come across- to me anyway- as very immature and naive.

Sometimes we chose to stop learning by blotting other opinions out...

• Greenie 2

Sign in to follow this