Strawberry Orange Banana Lime Leaf Slate Sky Blueberry Grape Watermelon Chocolate Marble
Strawberry Orange Banana Lime Leaf Slate Sky Blueberry Grape Watermelon Chocolate Marble
Sign in to follow this  
MJG

What happened to the 'dead man's handle' another one for train buffs.

Featured Posts

Seems a lot of work/cost to wired them in permanantly for repair work, but then I guess most is done at night these days and points will need more than other areas.

Daniel

Yes I think that is it. Many Gangers have lost their lives being hit by trains in poor light.

Seems a lot of work/cost to wired them in permanantly for repair work, but then I guess most is done at night these days and points will need more than other areas.

Daniel

In many areas it is cheaper than bringing in temporary lights, because even those have to be set-up by taking a "Possession", which is costly in both time and money (and stressful to us poor siggies!)

Most engineering work has now to be done at night, simply because the system is now so busy that it cannot be done between trains in the daytime. Even getting time for the old "lenghtman's walk" is difficult in many places.

I did a job in a theatre in which a large piece of scenery (2 tons of steel) was winched up into the flytower. As it was a temporary installation the equipment used to control it was generic, and the operation was via a mac computer. The Alt and Fn keys on the keyboard were set up as a dead mans handle... It did not take the operator long to figure out that he could rest his leatherman across the keys and go and drink tea, rather than keep his eyes on the stage!

At least it was only tea...

Sign in to follow this