Moorings at Granary Wharf, Leeds

Robbo

Featured Posts

Moorings at Granary Wharf, Leeds

Having had several boaters complain to me regarding the moorings at Granary Wharf in Leeds, I contacted Canal & River Trust.

The moorings apparently are private and the attitudes of those who have been insisting on taking payment to moor there have been less than pleasant. I can now say that after my representations to CRT in Leeds and to Richard Parry, it has been decided that CRT will take over the running and maintenance of the Wharf and of course there will be NO CHARGE any more.

Be aware that the final date for the take-over has yet to be decided (it will be soon) but until then watch this space.

Jim Owen,

RBOA Chairman

http://www.rboa.org.uk/RegNews

Edited by Robbo

Are those the moorings along the canal or the ones at a right angle pointing towards the 'Hop' pub under the railway?

The ones that are currently chargeable are the pontoons and the docks (the right angle ones). This ofcourse looks to be soon be all taken over by CRT and not be chargeable.

Note the canal isn't chargeable at all, either North or South side.

Edited by Robbo

The ones that are currently chargeable are the pontoons and the docks (the right angle ones). This ofcourse looks to be soon be all taken over by CRT and not be chargeable.

Note the canal isn't chargeable at all, either North or South side.

How will they charge if you make use of the electricity? Edited by pearley

I'm guessing they will do the same as at Clarence Dock.

Wouldn't that mean replacing the pillars? IIRC the ones at Granary dont have card readers. Not like the Trust to spend money like that. They would sooner let boaters have it for free like Liverpool.

Mind you, they should have a warehouse full of ones made redundant by the new Smart pillars.

Edited by pearley

I'll be round in the morning and you can pay me what you owe. lol

You will have to be up early to catch me leaving.

Wouldn't that mean replacing the pillars? IIRC the ones at Granary dont have card readers. Not like the Trust to spend money like that. They would sooner let boaters have it for free like Liverpool.

Mind you, they should have a warehouse full of ones made redundant by the new Smart pillars.

They are changing the ones at Clarence Dock to meters that work where you pay online.

Maybe they will do the same their.

You will have to be up early to catch me leaving.

They are changing the ones at Clarence Dock to meters that work where you pay online.

Maybe they will do the same their.

Is that on the permanent moorer side or on the visitor moorings? The Smart metres where you pay online have been installed at many locations in the Midlands but visitors are barred from using them if they don't have the required Customer number and PIN, and the Trust won't give them to boaters other than those whose permanent moorings have Smart metering.

Why are CRT taking over these moorings? Do they actually own the land?

I believe from previous threads that ownership was vested (I think that's the right word) in ISIS. A joint development company between CRT and a developer. The work was to include a new sanitary station at the base of the round tower. It is or was certainly built but I don't think it has ever been opened.

I echo the sentiments here, it's about time the mooring in Leeds was sorted out. For a city proud of it's Waterfronts it doesn't cater very well for boaters! I've have run ins with the current 'owners' trying to charge me for mooring canalside.