Thetford engineers. Where are they???

bodger

Featured Posts

Hi All.

I have a Mk4 Midi Prima Thetford Spinflow oven, and have a problem with A) the fan blowing the flame out, and B) the Gas control knob shaft seems bent, sometimes you need pliers on it to turn it, others you don't. This may be a heat expansion thing, but gas scares the stuff out of me so I ain't taking it apart!

I am trying to find a gas engineer/ Thetford Spinflow engineer near Tamworth who may be able to help, but they seem as rare as hens teeth, so if anyone knows of a mobile engineer, I would be very grateful.

Cheers,

Steve

Hi All.

I have a Mk4 Midi Prima Thetford Spinflow oven, and have a problem with A) the fan blowing the flame out,

Are you sure it has a fan? I had a problem on a Midi Prima with the flames on the oven burning lifting away from the burner and blowing out. Cured by replacing the gas pressure regulator in the gas locker, which was old and had drifted to producing very slightly too high pressure. These ovens seem to be very sensitive to even small excess gas pressure: the hob and Morco gas heater were not seeing any problems.

MP.