Steve Hudson

nicknorman

Featured Posts

Having had little to no internet recently, i have only just heard this very sad news today, on the towpath. I understand he suffered a stroke? That brought back everything that happened for our company last winter, and my heart goes out to his family and friends, knowing a little of the turmoil they must be in right now. Boatbuilding is certainly not the most relaxing of businesses.

Condolences to those he leaves behind.

RIP Steve.

Deeply shocked and saddened to have just learned of this terrible news, I had the pleasure of meeting Steve on a number of occasions both at Glascote and Crick and he was a very genuine chap.

Deepest sympathies to his wife, his daughters, his friends and all of those who knew him.

R.I.P Steve.

Deeply shocked and saddened to have just learned of this terrible news, I had the pleasure of meeting Steve on a number of occasions both at Glascote and Crick and he was a very genuine chap.

Deepest sympathies to his wife, his daughters, his friends and all of those who knew him.

R.I.P Steve.

Maybe you would consider re-posting your "Hudson Heaven" photo collection?

Having had little to no internet recently, i have only just heard this very sad news today, on the towpath. I understand he suffered a stroke? That brought back everything that happened for our company last winter, and my heart goes out to his family and friends, knowing a little of the turmoil they must be in right now. Boatbuilding is certainly not the most relaxing of businesses.

Condolences to those he leaves behind.

RIP Steve.

From the Owner's blah, he had two strokes, the second of which obviously called 'time'. Could someone tell me how old he was? He didn't strike me as a potential stroke victim. Much the opposite, I'd say. I imagine his family are in tatters. And so his workforce, who I understand loved him.

One thing's for sure - his boats will live on - and carry his name around the canals for many years to come.

From the Owner's blah, he had two strokes, the second of which obviously called 'time'. Could someone tell me how old he was? He didn't strike me as a potential stroke victim. Much the opposite, I'd say. I imagine his family are in tatters. And so his workforce, who I understand loved him.

One thing's for sure - his boats will live on - and carry his name around the canals for many years to come.

read the OP

I see the SM Hudson website is now only showing a flag at half mast all other content is unavailable. Understandable of course but I hope it is not the end of the company.

Edited by churchward

I see the SM Hudson is now only showing a flag at half mast

And upside down!

Possibly although the flag takes its inspiration from the real thing, it is not a fully accurate representation of the original article?

Possibly although the flag takes its inspiration from the real thing, it is not a fully accurate representation of the original article?

Damn you Mr. F, just when I have run out of greenoes!

BRILLIANT! (and not disrespectful in my view).

Hmmmm, funny old world!

I found the remark quite bad taste.

Blimey, we agree on that one! I suppose it is the difference between joking about the death of a public figure whom you have never met, vs making a joke out of the death of someone you do know and respect, and perhaps more importantly, know the family left behind, and know they are at their lowest ebb. Edited by nicknorman

Funny

By which you mean "not funny". Funny (?) old thing, the English language.

Alan's remark was a clever parody of what many people have said about Hudson boats. I cannot see any way in which it could be construed as a personal criticism of Mr. Hudson himself. But, people who go looking for a fight are generally able to find one if they try hard enough.

By which you mean "not funny". Funny (?) old thing, the English language.

Alan's remark was a clever parody of what many people have said about Hudson boats. I cannot see any way in which it could be construed as a personal criticism of Mr. Hudson himself. But, people who go looking for a fight are generally able to find one if they try hard enough.

Maybe not that 'clever' when the poor man has just died.

There is a time and a place and I would suggest this is not it. IMO this thread following the initial post should be reserved for those who wish to show their respect and or offer condolences to family and friends of Steve. If people want to make clever remarks perhaps start a new thread and leave this one free for people to reflect on a good boatbuilder but more importantly a decent man.

I believe that Alan had paid appropriate respects, as had I. You are entitled to your opinion on what constitutes the correct content of any particular thread - as are all your CWF colleagues.

Regarding the flying of the Union flag upside down: this is a distress signal, so perhaps it was done on purpose as a symbol of the distress which his staff felt at his sudden passing.