My vintage BSA fits on my tugdeck! ;o)

Chop!

Featured Posts

IMG_1718CMFABS.jpg?t=1390642510

My goodness that tube weld onto the baseplate looks a weak point! I was imagining the tube would stick though for further bracing and strength.

MtB

Yes, we have loads of discussions about overbright tunnel lights

Richard

There's a big difference between overbright and bloody useless.

On ye olde M21 the light was ok as matched the speed capability of the beast. I suppose in some respects the same is true with a NB, but you might need some light to get to the walls ;)

My Bonnie is not going anywhere near my boat! I'd be bound to drop the bike in the water one day. It actually feels quite heavy perhaps due to its relatively low centre of gravity. This is my third Triumph. The 1960s one felt the lightest. I can't imagine safely getting it on and off my boat even with cunning cranes and ramps.

I was wondering whether it might need an outrigger on the starboard side to prevent the boat listing as the bike is swung off

No out rigger needed, my old B.S.A. weighs just under 500 lbs half the weight possible with this hoist

Question for Chop

How much does the bike limit access through the front doors

........... just pondering happy.png

As we have destroyed the tugdeck during the refurbishment of the gunwales the position shown in the pic is not it's final resting place. New oak boards are going to be fitted with recessed slots to allow the wheels to drop in until the baseplate is touching the tugdeck, I will then have to loosen the handlebar clamps so that i can swing the very wide Indian handlebars down so that they miss the tarpaulins. There will be room to open the bedroom doors or SWSBO will string me up by my........