Creating a digital log?

floatsyourboat

Featured Posts

I've kept up a blog, first on Blogger with my first boat, and more recently with Wordpress, as my other half and I preferred the design options available with the latter.

We detail all the cruising we do, which is helpful to ourselves to remind us of previous trips- "how long did it take to get to so-and-so last time?" or "WHere did we tie up last time we were there?"

It's also helpful for technical stuff, I tend to document things like where wires are before hiding them behind paneling, and bits of plumbing before they're covered, to remind myself where things are.

The family are also interested, in seeing what we're getting up to, and finally, there's also a great community of boating bloggers; on our most recent summer trip, over 5 weeks we saw at least one person every day who we knew from either this forum, or from blogging.

So there can be a lot more to it than just doing a few photos to show where you're been.

I've kept up a blog, first on Blogger with my first boat, and more recently with Wordpress, as my other half and I preferred the design options available with the latter.

So there can be a lot more to it than just doing a few photos to show where you're been.

Of course, with an historic boat throughout the summer months, you can rely on others to photograph your boat and publish details of your movements to and from rallies in mags such as WW. smile.png

George ex nb Alton retired

To keep CRT happy I am looking at creating an online log that shows when I have moved, is this s bad idea and is anyone else doing it?

thanks.

It's a thoroughly bad idea, and I very much hope that others aren't doing it.

We are fortunate to live in a country where we can travel freely and live our lives without being under daily personal surveillance by secretive and sinister Government agencies constantly demanding that we account for our movements and carry papers authorising us to be wherever we are. Are you really suggesting that anyone should do anything which may just give ideas to a failing navigation authority that has already displayed the inclination to behave in a high handed, unreasonable and dictatorial manner, to introduce practices and methods that will contribute to even the slightest erosion of that precious freedom ? It could turn out to be the thin end of a very ominous wedge.

Edited by Tony Dunkley

Of course, with an historic boat throughout the summer months, you can rely on others to photograph your boat and publish details of your movements to and from rallies in mags such as WW. smile.png

George ex nb Alton retired

Is that why Pelican got a ticket boat.gif

It's a thoroughly bad idea, and I very much hope that others aren't doing it.

We are fortunate to live in a country where we can travel freely and live our lives without being under daily personal surveillance by secretive and sinister Government agencies constantly demanding that we account for our movements and carry papers authorising us to be wherever we are. Are you really suggesting that anyone should do anything which may just give ideas to a failing navigation authority that has already displayed the inclination to behave in a high handed, unreasonable and dictatorial manner, to introduce practices and methods that will contribute to even the slightest erosion of that precious freedom ? It could turn out to be the thin end of a very ominous wedge.

Personally I will find it enjoyable to keep a log of our travels for reasons that have naff all to do with CRT but as a by product if I was ever questioned about my cruising habits for whatever reason the blog would simply stop any accusations in their tracks dead!

That's making life easy for me first and foremost not CRT!

Granted such information like anything else can be used ethically or unethically by the powers that be!

Well I would of thought its crt's job to do the logging of where and how long boats are moored, if your sticking to the rules set out there's isn't anything to worry about ?

Are you seriously that naive?

Your right it is their job to monitor how long boats are moored but do you seriously believe claiming to have stuck by the rules is going to be good enough for an organisation that is capable of being a major pain in the ass regardless of what rules you claim to play by.