Ecofan repair

MtB

Featured Posts

Canadia, USA, much the same place surely...

biggrin.png

MtB

DOH!!!!!!

you better take that back right now MtB!!!banned.gif

Didn't they teach you any history in school? We won the war of 1812 after all, mind you I am assuming your referring to Canada and not some place I've not heard of called Canadiajudge.gif

Which part of Wales are you from anyway Mr. Magoo?????wacko.png

While lots of people spell it 'Canada', I think the korrect way is 'Canadia'.

This must be right because I am a BOY, and the BOY is always right, innit ninja.gif

MtB

Boyz...sheeeeesh; can't get anythong right!!rolleyes.gif

one learns something every day,I always thought Canada was a Club in a rather arid country!

icecream.gif

CT

Don't encourage him pleaze judge.gif

If you want to annoy Canadians just tell them Canada is a watered-down-wanna-be version of the USA smile.png

Before we went to Canada on our hols I had the feeling Canada might be somewhat boring and put into Google 'Why is Canada so boring?' only to find many others had already asked that very same question!

The Canadian version of 'Candid Camera' I find to be remarkably weak and unfunny. (The British Candid Camera from the 70s/80s was OK).

My parents lived in Quebec (city) for a few years and I was 'started' there, so feel I'm entitled to moan&groan about Canada.

This could explain my sense of humour.

I think my parents moved back to England because Canada was so boring...

(on our hols we drove around British Columbia and into Alberta, had 2 grizzly bears come right up to our front bumper, saw 13 black bears including 3 little cubs climbing a tree trunk; spectacular mountain scenery. there are many micro-breweries and products excellent, surprisingly BC has 2 vineyard areas and a desert area with cactuses; there are a few hot springs, and Vancouver has many planes that land & take off on the water - we flew to Vancouver from Comox and sat next to the pilot, yay! Vancouver has thousands of homeless people who keep asking you if you can spare (the surprisingly constant) sum of 2 Dollars). (yes, I was just kidding - I'd recommend a trip to the western side of Canada anyway - take a good book just in case wink.png )

Edited by Emerald Fox

Well Neil Young and Joni Mitchell are Canadian so respect there.

On the other hand so are Celine Dion and Justin Bieber, hmmm.

Ahhhh, but of the latter two; one is French and the other is 1/2 french so they don't really count cloud9.gif nor do we lay claim to them

Sorry Quebec (of this parish, not the province) wink.png

Edited by Bettie Boo

"Ecofan" is the brand name of the leading manufacturer of Peltier cell powered fans. The Peltier cell is a semiconductor device that generates electricity directly from heat so runs an electric motor to turn the blades. They are so successful that 'ecofan' is turning into a generic term for them.

ecofan.jpg

The "Vulcan fan" is the Sterling-cycle engine powered type, and looks/sounds more like steam engine. uses heating and cooling of air to get rotary motion instead of electricity. Google 'Sterling cycle'. Note the spelling. Often mis-spelled 'stirling'.

$T2eC16NHJIIFHI7i7dzeBSMIKBBBGQ~~60_35.J

The Vulcan fan is physically larger than the Ecofan

MtB

MtB, where did you get that? I WANT one!

(Sorry if this is all old hat...didn't know)

Ok then, back on topic.

I would put ecofans in the same category as anodes. No-one can be certain they actually do what they are supposed to, but their use on boats is so widespread now that there's a general belief that they must work, or at least be of some benefit. Not quite the same as the emperor's new clothes but similar.

Ironically though, I would bet 90% of ecofans on boats are not working as they are supposed to because they are meant to be placed behind the flue directing the flow of air forwards ie picking up heat from the flue. On most narrowboat stoves this is not possible.

Another thing you can say about them is like a watched kettle never boils a watched ecofan never starts turning. If you want to slow down time just gaze at your ecofan after lighting the fire.

I looked at a Vulcan fan on ebay. Can anybody else spot the non-sequitur here?

Lol!

Aston Martin, would of bin more appropriate!

MtB

Or maybe Rover.... oh, no, hang on, they're Chinese.

Maybe Jaguar.... oh, that's not right either, they're Indian.

Enfield...... no, they're indian too.

I know, stick with Lamborghini and go for Italian engineering.... oh, hang on, Audi own them and they're German.

Oh whatever, must go and measure my stove to see if there's room for my Ecofan and a lovely new Vulcan, then I need to write to Santa...

Ok Aston MArtin then, like I sed!

Yep, you're right, and that might be about it on Automotive comparisons (except Triumph motorcycles), but Aston definirely works for me .... rather too well, in fact: I want one of those too! That's 2 things from your posts on this one thread that have been added to my Christmas list!